Windows 10: Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down

Discus and support Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; An error persists in this new Dell Windows 10 desktop. The preferred sizes of window ~ 7” wide x 10” long; i.e. full length of monitor Edge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fc 1, Nov 18, 2019.

1. fc 1 Win User

Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down

An error persists in this new Dell Windows 10 desktop. The preferred sizes of

window ~ 7” wide x 10” long; i.e. full length of monitor

Edge and Excel (Home and Student 2019) ~ 10” x 10”

They should all anchor on the monitor’s top left corner.

However, after clicking Restore Down in Maximize, they are

window ~ 7” x 8.5”, too short

Edge ~ 11” x 9”, too wide and short

Excel ~ 10” x 7”, too short

They do NOT anchor on the top left corner.

Google Chrome does NOT have this problem, weird. All Windows updates have been installed. Two methods recommended by the following website don’t help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restore-down-bug/936c2a15-5787-475a-960b-eff6d529d2cc?auth=1

1. In (Tablet mode), (When I sign in) was changed to (Use the appropriate mode for my hardware) and rebooted numerous times.

2. From Maximize

a. disable the navigation pane

b. restore down shrinks to smaller window, Edge, and Excel

c. resize them to the correct dimensions

d. enable navigation pane

e. maximize

f. restore down

:)

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down - Similar Threads - Wrong sizes window

2. Restore window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore window size: I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. This morning, I had some problems, probably from malware. I managed to get things going again, but now my full screen isn't full screen but only about 3/4 screen. I tried stretching it by bringing up the "stretch arrow" when I...
  3. Restore window size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore window size: I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. This morning, I had some problems, probably from malware. I managed to get things going again, but now my full screen isn't full screen but only about 3/4 screen. I tried stretching it by bringing up the "stretch arrow" when I...
  4. Restore window size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Excel and Word page size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel and Word page size: I cannot select an Excel or Word document page size = Legal 8.5X14. The Legal Size option has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-and-word-page-size/a4a625c3-67a2-4e3a-bdf1-ce8de0243a47
  6. Excel and Word page size

Excel and Word page size: I cannot select an Excel or Word document page size = Legal 8.5X14. The Legal Size option has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-and-word-page-size/a4a625c3-67a2-4e3a-bdf1-ce8de0243a47
  7. Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down

Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down: [ATTACH][ATTACH] An error persists in a four months old Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. All Windows 10 and Dell updates have been installed. The preferred sizes are i File Explorer and Word Home and Student 2019 ~ 7” wide x 10” long; i.e. full length of monitor. Please see...
  8. Excel shutting down.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Excel shutting down.: Every time I go into Excel I get the message as per my screenshot. I click on repair and then it works but the moment I start working on a spreadsheet it shuts down. It is also displaying that I am using an unlicensed product? Help needed urgently please. Thank...
  9. Outlook suddenly displaying at wrong size in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook suddenly displaying at wrong size in Edge: Not sure if this is a MS issue. Default zoom setting for Edge is 125% but Outlook email is suddenly really tiny in size despite Edge showing 125%. The right hand 30% of the screen is now just empty white space. If I change it to 100% and back to 125% then it corrects until I...
  10. Unable to open excel or word after a restore

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open excel or word after a restore: Hello! I've had problems for last couple of days with duplicate drives appearing in the navigation window. After trying lots of things I decided to restore to before the last windows update. Everything seemed ok until I tried to open Excell, I get an error message "not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Restore down edge