Windows 10: Wrong spotlight picture description

Discus and support Wrong spotlight picture description in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I notice your location for the pic attached is wrong, the description say it is Taiwan but in fact it is New Zealand Please fix it. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dominic Cheung, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Wrong spotlight picture description

Hi I notice your location for the pic attached is wrong, the description say it is Taiwan but in fact it is New Zealand

Please fix it. Thanks

Google image search report that this is actually in New Zealand

https://www.google.com.hk/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZivC0U7s9Mf0BtkfZZHgj_1y2sYWrwG2XeGjerqb5dZpDwHyGUqI-pxLQ6H2XecvIycbi2xsdtAs8i8PTN_1RET-U1ShAxJYVOO5ldtwDtxXfoWabv3o33ho-jV6euNA33wby44Xs-6gpO_1O9aY42DparBZbiLKoa7587sXisflrEhmuPq77aXrDR52IJJ5wUOdCu2EJBCjgriyWc1IIf582iAgFXGpWIVB6ItDoycearfUbV_1zo-e5hqX6_14vdMSGZnTereS2cRfzN64blYgTbNclHjzuYgWO5nv6YZZz38RICjiVocXRwh6PQSACBVNQLj6zkzPVKL6Tk8zg80l6Agvrzjziog&btnG=%E4%BB%A5%E5%9C%96%E6%90%9C%E5%B0%8B&hl=zh-HK

Wrong spotlight picture description beb4786f-4f86-41df-9ccd-a5ae5124b68f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dominic Cheung, Oct 30, 2018

2. Windows Spotlight descriptions missing

Hi Sven,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "At work my Windows 10 computer", are you connected to a domain network?
    • Are you seeing the extra picture description on the work computer for spotlight images as same spotlight pictures on the home computer?

Normally, there is not picture description for the Windows Spotlight images.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Alicia J Win User
    Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures

Copy and pasting this file doesn't take me anywhere. I must be doing something wrong. I can't find it manually either.

Okay I found some files in there. They are a listed with numbers and letters.

Wrong spotlight picture description [​IMG]

Alicia J, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Wrong spotlight picture description

Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Picture not changing and no image description

Hi Mary,

This issue might have caused by a corrupted system files or an incompatible display driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you reset the Windows Spotlight by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Lock screen tab.
    • Under Background, make sure that Windows Spotlight
      is not selected and change the option to Picture
      or Slideshow.
    • Close the Settings window.
    • Press Windows key + R to open Run
      dialog box.
    • Type the following path and press Enter:
      • %USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets
    • Press on Ctrl + A buttons to select all files, and then press
      Delete button to clear all old images.
    • Press Windows key + R to open Run
      dialog box.
    • Type the following path to where the Windows Spotlight settings are stored and press
      Enter:
      • %USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings
    • Right-click on settings.dat and roaming.lock individually.
    • Click on Rename and name them settings.dat.bak
      and roaming.lock.bak.
    • Restart your computer, and check if the issue is resolve.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Wrong spotlight picture description

1. Wrong spotlight picture description - Similar Threads - Wrong spotlight picture

2. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  3. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  4. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft spotlight pictures: Could Microsoft change the spotlight pictures every day? It would be nice to see a new one every day when you open your computer. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-spotlight-pictures/11d46ca5-a914-466b-9c82-d05844840d13
  6. Microsoft spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft spotlight pictures: Could Microsoft change the spotlight pictures every day? It would be nice to see a new one every day when you open your computer. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-spotlight-pictures/11d46ca5-a914-466b-9c82-d05844840d13
  7. where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the description for Windows wallpaper/spotlight stored?: The wallpaper/spotlight shown on the monitor when Windows is sleeping shows nice pictures of different places. Sometimes in the upper right corner of the screen there is a description of what the picture shows and the question whether you like what you see; other times...
  8. No description on spotlight images

No description on spotlight images: It's really great seeing all these lovely pictures on my lock screen each morning, but please add a description of said photos so we all know what we're looking at. I see questions about this dating back to 2016 but it appears not to have been fixed. If this has been fixed,...
  9. Spotlight pictures

Spotlight pictures: Does anyone know where the Spotlight picture of the European houses along the river was taken? I don't see the picture yet in Assets https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-pictures/eb34e50f-4b39-475d-a04b-1d12e308f9a6
  10. Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures

Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures: I'm a bit confused about the terminology of background pictures, themes and Spotlight picture. When the computer hasn't been used for a specified time, my screen savers start. If I go back to the computer and move the mouse my screensaver goes away and another Windows picture...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight wrong description