Windows 10: Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN

Discus and support Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Night light feature is really useful with automatic scheduling but when I use a VPN to connect to a different countries, the schedule of night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by realivanjx, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN

Hi,

Night light feature is really useful with automatic scheduling but when I use a VPN to connect to a different countries, the schedule of night light became wrong. Is there any settings to choose a region to help the automatic sunrise and sunset time scheduling on Windows 10 Night Light feature to show the time more accurately?

Thanks

:)

realivanjx, Nov 17, 2018

2. Sunrise and sunset times

Is it possible to add sunrise and sunset times to my Windows Phone 8.1 Calendar app as reminders?

Brandon Taylor, Nov 17, 2018
  3. B.S.R. Win User
    Windows 10 Night Light Schedule Has Wrong Sunrise-Sunset Times

I have the Night Light schedule set to Sunset to sunrise, which is currently followed by (23:00 — 12:11). The problem is that the Night Light feature isn't turning on and off at appropriate times.

The computed times are wrong for my location, as sunset today is at 20:09 (UTC-7h), and sunrise tomorrow is at 04:10. The end of astronomical twilight, at 23:25, is close to the first figure, but it starts at 00:55, which is very different from the second
    figure. That figure isn't even close to civil twilight, which starts here at 03:29 tomorrow.

I will add that I keep my computer clock on UTC. It is almost as if the first figure uses local time, and the second figure uses UTC, which would be at least close to what I'd expect the times to be.

Windows 10 Pro version 1703 build 15063.332

B.S.R., Nov 17, 2018
  4. ScottS21 Win User

Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN

Windows 10 (1803) Night Light Sunset/Sunrise time incorrect

Thanks @Mark, though the graphics driver is actually been through a complete uninstall and re-install during this issue. Besides, it's weird if MS would rely on the graphics card for time purposes. Note, when using manual time, the color change is fine,
    it's just sunset/sunrise times are wrong.

ScottS21, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN

1. Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN - Similar Threads - Wrong sunrise sunset

2. Night Light in Windows 10 shows wrong sunset and sunrise time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light in Windows 10 shows wrong sunset and sunrise time.: So i was noticing that Windows 10 nowadays shows completely wrong sunset and sunrise times and i have to manually set the timings to use the night light feature . I am currently using a non activated version of windows. The problem also existed earlier before i upgraded my...
  3. On my PC Windows 11, the sunset and sunrise time in the night lighting section does not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my PC Windows 11, the sunset and sunrise time in the night lighting section does not change.: I'd like to consult with you here. I am having technical difficulties with the night light function - Sunset to Sunrise. I have had the same sunrise 6:24 and sunset 17:43 times for about 3 months now. On my laptop this time changes correctly, but not on my PC. I really don't...
  4. On my PC Windows 11, the sunset and sunrise time in the night lighting section does not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my PC Windows 11, the sunset and sunrise time in the night lighting section does not change.: I'd like to consult with you here. I am having technical difficulties with the night light function - Sunset to Sunrise. I have had the same sunrise 6:24 and sunset 17:43 times for about 3 months now. On my laptop this time changes correctly, but not on my PC. I really don't...
  5. Night Light automatic on/off via auto sunrise/sunset STILL not working after years

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light automatic on/off via auto sunrise/sunset STILL not working after years: It's ridiculous that this is still an issue. The night light's automatic sunrise/sunset does not work correctly with sleep/hibernate. They can't tell it to check what time it is when the computer wakes? The only option seems to be to set hours manually and then fiddle with...
  6. Windows 10 location / timezone / sunset-sunrise weird behavior. Night light useless.

Windows 10 location / timezone / sunset-sunrise weird behavior. Night light useless.: So I'm having the same problem that Windows 10 users have been asking about for years (according to Google) but never getting a correct answer. Wondering if this sub has any better clues. Symptoms: Night light says sunset/sunrise are at 11:00PM and 11:47AM. I'm in...
  7. Night light not firing after sunset/sunrise

Night light not firing after sunset/sunrise: Before anyone suggest the same, please let me state my findings. - Location is set and working - Video drivers are AMD and latest, no problems, whatsoever. - Tried registry edits/delete - I can turn on/off NL fine, I have all controls enabled, no problem with that....
  8. Night light sunset/sunrise times are wrong

Night light sunset/sunrise times are wrong: So this is when my computer thinks sunset/sunrise are: [ATTACH] This is, of course, absurd. I live in Southern California. Sunset today is at 16:43, and sunrise was at 06:43. I am set to the correct time zone: [ATTACH] Though, interestingly enough, I have to manually...
  9. How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset?

How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset?: Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Basically, as the title says, I am trying to figure out a way to get my desktop wallpaper to alternate between a daytime and a night time one. I would like this to follow the sunrise and the sunset here in the UK. The closest I can get is...
  10. Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809

Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809: Behold, the automatic schedule timing has become 00:00 - 00:00 after the latest update: [ATTACH] As such, the night light feature no longer works as it should. Please fix! My date and time settings are set to automatic, in both the time and the time zone. I am not in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows calendar sunrise sunset times wrong