Windows 10: Wrong syntax in net user /delete

Discus and support Wrong syntax in net user /delete in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to mess with my VM a little and I tried to delete NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM on it. But all it does is tell me that there's a syntax error. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NadjaKrzyżańska, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Wrong syntax in net user /delete

I was trying to mess with my VM a little and I tried to delete NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM on it. But all it does is tell me that there's a syntax error. Can someone please explain this to me? Is the account just impossible to delete? Wrong syntax in net user /delete c1107edc-1666-493f-8ee4-ec73b4eeede6?upload=true.png

:)

NadjaKrzyżańska, Feb 5, 2021

2. wrong user at startup

Hi, I appreciate the continued suggestions as to how to delete the unwanted user,
    theco.

Note the screen shot following the net user command

Wrong syntax in net user /delete b942815d-1dcb-4722-b0de-a86e5cd35447.jpg

the user i wish to delete " theco " is not listed....what would be the next step.....

Thanks

DouglasCosentino, Feb 5, 2021
  3. wrong user at startup

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Douglas. The next solution is to delete the user account from the command prompt. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user and hit Enter to get the list of the user accounts.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter to delete the user account:
    net user name of the user account you want to delete /delete

Keep us updated with the results. We'll provide you additional solutions in case the same thing occurs.

Catherine Cus., Feb 5, 2021
  4. Wrong syntax in net user /delete

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Wrong syntax in net user /delete 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Wrong syntax in net user /delete

1. Wrong syntax in net user /delete - Similar Threads - Wrong syntax net

2. microsoft syntax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft syntax: Hello.I would ask you wher can find this microsoft site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilm5Gdl4gycand how can make commands with syntax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-syntax/8e1cba47-50d7-438b-984e-5f7c2b611dda
  3. microsoft syntax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft syntax: Hello.I would ask you wher can find this microsoft site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilm5Gdl4gycand how can make commands with syntax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-syntax/8e1cba47-50d7-438b-984e-5f7c2b611dda
  4. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...: I've been trying to delete this user on my PC. I recently got thi "Other User" profile at sign in start up which I don't remember doing. I have tried looking for it through netplwiz but there's nothing there but my own profile. So i tried running cmd prompt through admin and...
  5. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...: I've been trying to delete this user on my PC. I recently got thi "Other User" profile at sign in start up which I don't remember doing. I have tried looking for it through netplwiz but there's nothing there but my own profile. So i tried running cmd prompt through admin and...
  6. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

7. Net User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Net User: I just used net user to list all the users on my computer. The only user that shows up is WDAGUtilityAccount. I only have one account on the computer. How do I see what my actual account with net user?...
  8. Net User

Net User: I just used net user to list all the users on my computer. The only user that shows up is WDAGUtilityAccount. I only have one account on the computer. How do I see what my actual account with net user?...
  9. Wrong syntax

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong syntax: So I wanted to test the command net user localgroup /add Administrators account name without admin permissions, to see if the command actually works. I expected it to show something like error: no permission or something like that. Here are the results. Is there anything I've...
  10. Net user question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Net user question: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home version and there is no indication of the WDAGUtilityAccount anywhere on my computer that I can find EXCEPT when I run the Net User command. I get two listings: Admin Account and Guest WDAGUtilityAccount Why is this showing up if I...