Windows 10: Wrong syntax

Discus and support Wrong syntax in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I wanted to test the command net user localgroup /add Administrators account name without admin permissions, to see if the command actually works. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NadjaKrzyżańska, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Wrong syntax

So I wanted to test the command net user localgroup /add Administrators account name without admin permissions, to see if the command actually works. I expected it to show something like error: no permission or something like that. Here are the results. Is there anything I've done wrong? Wrong syntax cca5eddd-746c-461d-a6a3-c7dd17249f2a?upload=true.png

:)

NadjaKrzyżańska, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Getting: Syntax Error (Syntax Error)

Hi,

It's possible that you're receiving the Syntax Error due to program incompatibility. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could
    provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Have you checked with the software manufacturer if this particular software is compatible with Windows 10?

• Which version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.

• Since you mentioned that you couldn't read anything from the application when you're trying to install it, is there an English version of the game that you can install instead?

• What is the name of the game?

• Have you checked if your computer meets the game's system requirements?

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Yolvi Ell, Apr 8, 2021
  3. phrab Win User
    Syntax for a search URL

Thanks for the reply. Youu’re right, Denis. And I think it started the way you suggest. There was something about creating a bookmark or desktop shortcut & then putting in the search term. I just can’t remember the exact syntax.

phrab, Apr 8, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

Wrong syntax

Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation  

You have regained your crown. Regrettably the gui only allow you to see stuff page by page.

I just simply used choco list > c:\apps.txt

There was something wrong with gridview syntax.

No big deal though.

cereberus, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Wrong syntax

1. Wrong syntax - Similar Threads - Wrong syntax

2. Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490: Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-account-something-went-wrong-we-could-not-find/7f31a4c3-721b-4024-94c3-e0e0bd1b0588
  3. Windows 10 PIN "Something went wrong"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PIN "Something went wrong": Guys, I need your help. I cannot remove my PIN when starting up my computer, it annoys me every time i have to change my password. These policies are crazy!.... I have a school account in use. I tried everything and I do not want to delete it cause it may erase all my content...
  4. Hard disk is locked with Bitlocker but keys in account are wrong

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard disk is locked with Bitlocker but keys in account are wrong: My hard disk is locked with bitlocker but the keys in my microsoft account are wrong. When i enter the keys in the bitlocker recovery process, it says the key you have entered is not correct. How do i get the correct keys. I donot wish to lose my data for the mistakes of...
  5. something wrong with the taskbar

something wrong with the taskbar: when i startup my computer the taskbar dosent show the apps. i somtimes click it but it keeps restarting but yet still not showing the apps. also when i startup my computer, if i can click it fast enough it will show the apps....
  6. Windows Update - "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - "Something went wrong": Hello, Windows Update has stopped working - if I check for updates, I'm told "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." I've tried the Virtual Agent Get Help, the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and the Windows 10 Update Assistant, but none of them helped. The...
  7. Need Help Wrong typing Gmail to Gmali Forza horizon 4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need Help Wrong typing Gmail to Gmali Forza horizon 4: My Friend has bought Forza horizon 4. He typed wrong Email account. How to help him.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-wrong-typing-gmail-to-gmali-forza/fec82bf9-5d80-4759-831a-b20fb9c36be9
  8. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: My keyboard is typing wrong characters, when I press altgr+Q for bring the @ symbol it always shows @ plus another ramdom character. How I can fix this?...
  9. Wrong syntax in net user /delete

Wrong syntax in net user /delete: I was trying to mess with my VM a little and I tried to delete NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM on it. But all it does is tell me that there's a syntax error. Can someone please explain this to me? Is the account just impossible to delete?[ATTACH]...
  10. Does powercfg overriderequests work in windows 10 or my syntax wrong?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does powercfg overriderequests work in windows 10 or my syntax wrong?: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 I'm trying to get my computer to sleep while using Voicemeeter. Before voicemeeter is loaded my requests are empty Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION: None. PERFBOOST:...