Windows 10: Wrong syntax

Discus and support Wrong syntax in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I wanted to test the command net user localgroup /add Administrators account name without admin permissions, to see if the command actually works. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NadjaKrzyżańska, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Wrong syntax

So I wanted to test the command net user localgroup /add Administrators account name without admin permissions, to see if the command actually works. I expected it to show something like error: no permission or something like that. Here are the results. Is there anything I've done wrong? Wrong syntax cca5eddd-746c-461d-a6a3-c7dd17249f2a?upload=true.png

:)

NadjaKrzyżańska, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Getting: Syntax Error (Syntax Error)

Hi,

It's possible that you're receiving the Syntax Error due to program incompatibility. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could
    provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Have you checked with the software manufacturer if this particular software is compatible with Windows 10?

• Which version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.

• Since you mentioned that you couldn't read anything from the application when you're trying to install it, is there an English version of the game that you can install instead?

• What is the name of the game?

• Have you checked if your computer meets the game's system requirements?

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Yolvi Ell, Apr 8, 2021
  3. phrab Win User
    Syntax for a search URL

Thanks for the reply. Youu’re right, Denis. And I think it started the way you suggest. There was something about creating a bookmark or desktop shortcut & then putting in the search term. I just can’t remember the exact syntax.

phrab, Apr 8, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

Wrong syntax

Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation  

You have regained your crown. Regrettably the gui only allow you to see stuff page by page.

I just simply used choco list > c:\apps.txt

There was something wrong with gridview syntax.

No big deal though.

cereberus, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Wrong syntax

1. Wrong syntax - Similar Threads - Wrong syntax

2. "something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f": First Problem: My main problem with this is that when you try to run an app as an administrator, it asks for your pin, right? Normally, it would work, but for some reason, the message "Something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f" keeps popping up. This...
  3. How to access Desktop folder and prevent 'Wrong syntax for file name, catalogue name or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access Desktop folder and prevent 'Wrong syntax for file name, catalogue name or...: User creates a folder on their Desktop and moves files into it but when our .NET app tries to access these files this is the error message generated Wrong syntax for file name, catalogue name or volume label'. To overcome this the user needs to move folder to the c:\temp and...
  4. How to access Desktop folder and prevent 'Wrong syntax for file name, catalogue name or...

How to access Desktop folder and prevent 'Wrong syntax for file name, catalogue name or...: User creates a folder on their Desktop and moves files into it but when our .NET app tries to access these files this is the error message generated Wrong syntax for file name, catalogue name or volume label'. To overcome this the user needs to move folder to the c:\temp and...
  5. How to access Desktop folder and prevent 'Wrong syntax for file name, catalogue name or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...: I've been trying to delete this user on my PC. I recently got thi "Other User" profile at sign in start up which I don't remember doing. I have tried looking for it through netplwiz but there's nothing there but my own profile. So i tried running cmd prompt through admin and...
  7. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...: I've been trying to delete this user on my PC. I recently got thi "Other User" profile at sign in start up which I don't remember doing. I have tried looking for it through netplwiz but there's nothing there but my own profile. So i tried running cmd prompt through admin and...
  8. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

9. Wrong syntax in net user /delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong syntax in net user /delete: I was trying to mess with my VM a little and I tried to delete NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM on it. But all it does is tell me that there's a syntax error. Can someone please explain this to me? Is the account just impossible to delete?[ATTACH]...
  10. Does powercfg overriderequests work in windows 10 or my syntax wrong?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does powercfg overriderequests work in windows 10 or my syntax wrong?: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 I'm trying to get my computer to sleep while using Voicemeeter. Before voicemeeter is loaded my requests are empty Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION: None. PERFBOOST:...