Windows 10: wrong system information

Discus and support wrong system information in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, I own an Asus laptop, model F554LA. Since I updated to win10 I occasionally have flickering screen problems, possibly due to wrong display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkZappa, May 15, 2019.

1. MarkZappa Win User

wrong system information

hello, I own an Asus laptop, model F554LA. Since I updated to win10 I occasionally have flickering screen problems, possibly due to wrong display adapter driver. I have tried every possible solution found on the internet but the problem always reappears.

Lately I discovered that in the system information tool, it appears a wrong system model, in particular X555LA and not the correct F554LA.

Is it possible that windows updates my drivers for the wrong model, causing the problem and if yes how do I fix that ?

:)

MarkZappa, May 15, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 15, 2019
  3. wrong bios programmed on my card what now?

are you kidding? or is this being lost in language barriers?(if so, then id suggest trying google translateon the list above, or reading it several times, im sorry that i cant help with that part) the PCIe slot is what you need, thats where you plug the GPU into. follow the step by step guide, that is your solution. VGA= Video Graphics array, or adapter in this case, AKA GPU, Aka, Video Card.

The 2nd gpu acts as a way to boot into OS since you're not able to do so with the damaged GPU. I don't know what your system specs are but if you have onboard graphics enable them in your bios and then reset your PC or do it after a reset depending on what your motherboard requires that will allow you to boot into your operating system then follow the steps after number three in the list above.( note that if you do not have built-in graphics on your CPU this is where you will use a second GPU )

i hope this helps......Best of luck, i have 35minutes to get dressed, and be on a transport to Kessel.......another day covered in Spice, *Frown wrong system information :( (atleast im working in the Refinery *Wink wrong system information ;) )

jboydgolfer, May 15, 2019
  4. wrong system information

Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 15, 2019
Thema:

wrong system information

1. wrong system information - Similar Threads - wrong system information

2. system information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  3. system information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  4. system information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  6. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  7. Wrong location information

in Cortana
    Wrong location information: My laptop running Windows 10 is providing wrong location information ...how do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-location-information/83d5a1c0-2b0d-47d6-9970-986bfec5810c
  8. System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information: Hi, On my machine i'm not able to see the system information populate in Control Panel\System and Security\System it shows the processor and ram as "Not Available", along with the windows activation, product id: Not Available Refer to screenshot: [ATTACH] Also when...
  9. DMA Information is blank in System Information

in Windows 10 Support
    DMA Information is blank in System Information: I have a desktop pc with Win10 v1803 and noticed that under System Information/Hardware Resources/DMA there is nothing shown in the right pane. On my laptop also running the same version of Windows 10 has the DMA information 118548
  10. BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION: My device is ACER ASPIRER3-131T and its one year old device,no issues in battery usage but while charging at level between 90 to 98 percent It's saying more 20 to 30 mins remaining to full charge!how is it possible?pls any solution to it?...