Windows 10: Wrong time in taskbar clock only

Discus and support Wrong time in taskbar clock only in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MatheusWandscheer, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Wrong time in taskbar clock only

Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar seems to have the wrong time. the date is correct. the time in the system settings is also correct. i tried changing time zone, change time manually, restarting the computer, restarting the service, but nothing updates the time in the taskbar. the time is no stuck at a specific hour, it moves, but it doesnt care if i change the time settings

:)

MatheusWandscheer, Jan 3, 2022
  2. SiSig_ Win User

Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Jan 3, 2022
  3. mikioi Win User
    Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time

Thank you all for the quick replies. I had tried everything all day. I restarted the computer, checked for updates (none available), I knew it was not the battery because when I clicked on the taskbar clock it opened the calendar and time there was showing
    correctly. It was only on the taskbar display that it showed wrong. Anyway a Windows update showed up a few minutes ago and after applying it and restarting it corrected itself.

Thanks again!

mikioi, Jan 3, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Wrong time in taskbar clock only

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

Wrong time in taskbar clock only

1. Wrong time in taskbar clock only - Similar Threads - Wrong taskbar clock

2. Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar: There used used to be regedit hack that enabled the time on the Taskbar to be shown in seconds. That hack is no longer available,i.e., it does not work. Is there another time setting available that will display time with seconds on the taskbar?...
  3. Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar: There used used to be regedit hack that enabled the time on the Taskbar to be shown in seconds. That hack is no longer available,i.e., it does not work. Is there another time setting available that will display time with seconds on the taskbar?...
  4. Wrong time in taskbar clock only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong time in taskbar clock only: Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar seems to have the wrong time. the date is correct. the time in the system settings is also correct. i tried changing time zone,...
  5. Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time: The computer time, date and time zone are all correct in the settings, but the time on the taskbar is stuck permanently at 9:42am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-on-taskbar-displays-the-wrong-time/e7476f46-c1d6-40d1-92a0-19fb36be03a6
  6. Windows "Time/Clock" always wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows "Time/Clock" always wrong: My clock on Windows is always wrong (e.g. Shows 11 instead of 12). Set time automatically is ON, the time zone is set to a correct one, the Internet Time Setting Server is set to time.windows.com (when I click Update Now, it updates it wrong.....any guesses? submitted by...
  7. Only show clock in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Only show clock in taskbar: New PC installed last week running win10 , previous machine also running win 10 , i had just the clock showing in taskbar (along with speaker & network icons) . New PC will not let me just select clock icon, it insists on having date as well. I have minimised icons and...
  8. Computer clock shows wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer clock shows wrong time: I am in Canada and my 2-year-old Acer Aspire has Windows 10. The time clock is always 1 hr. ahead of real time. I reset, change location from Canada/US to Eastern Standard time Canada. But it doesn't reset itself. Still showing 1 hr ahead of Ontario time. What can I do to fix...
  9. Taskbar clock time frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar clock time frozen: This morning, the clock on my system tray stopped updating itself about an hour after I turned on the computer. It is plugged in and has been plugged in for days on end without being carried around the house. If I go into the control panel and look at date/time, the time is...
  10. Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot: Having an issue when rebooting LINX tablets where the clock will revert to an hour behind or sometimes further. Have tried numerous ways of changing the time to correct which it does, but when you restart the tablet, it always goes back to the wrong time. This happens...