Windows 10: wrong time on domain joined computer

Discus and support wrong time on domain joined computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, We have this one computer in our office where the clock is an hour slow. It is displaying the correct time zone in the date & time settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bluefly, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Bluefly Win User

wrong time on domain joined computer

Hi,

We have this one computer in our office where the clock is an hour slow. It is displaying the correct time zone in the date & time settings however the option to change the time is not available.

wrong time on domain joined computer c3d24ed8-f0cc-4005-8e91-a05b3bdbf4b7?upload=true.jpg

I get the same screen on the rest of our computers and servers also but their time is correct.

I have checked the server time on the sync source listed above and it has both correct time and time zone.

I have tried changing the time from the command prompt but the time resets to an hour earlier after restart.

I have tried unregistering the time service, restarting, changing the time and reregistering and resynching with the same result.

I have tried granting permissions to Domain Users in both local and domain policy settings for the below

Policies / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / User Rights Assignment / Change the system time -> Set the current user and some others.

This has only become a problem in the last few days. I'm out of ideas

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Bluefly, Feb 24, 2020

2. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Domain joined PC to Sync time in internet

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me with my issue. Our client are using laptops, joined in a domain and the staffs are travelling a lot in a different country. The problem they are facing is that the time cannot synchronized in the internet. Set automatic time zone
    is on. All staff are using domain account with no admin rights.

Is there any way for a domain joined machine to sync time in the internet. Internet time tab is missing in Date and Time window. I need to create a GPO that will allows the laptops to sync time in the internet. Even the said computers are domain member.

Will appreciate any help

Thanks,

Sam

SamuelBantilan, Feb 24, 2020
  4. wrong time on domain joined computer

Join Workplace on Domain PC

Hi Harish,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the domain joined computer is prompting a notification related to Workplace Join. In this case, let me help to point you in the right direction where you should get the appropriate assistance for issues related to domain environment.

I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of professionals to help you with queries related to Workplace Join.

Meanwhile, if it may help, you can check the following documents.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

wrong time on domain joined computer

1. wrong time on domain joined computer - Similar Threads - wrong domain joined

2. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  3. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  4. How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...: HiI tried so many things, the closest I got was with the lines below, but that won't let me change the color settings. The installed printer prints only BW.Meaning there's something with the HP Universal Print Driver? Or what can be the problem? The printer is set to color on...
  5. How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...: HiI tried so many things, the closest I got was with the lines below, but that won't let me change the color settings. The installed printer prints only BW.Meaning there's something with the HP Universal Print Driver? Or what can be the problem? The printer is set to color on...
  6. Have second "non-domain" account on domain joined computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have second "non-domain" account on domain joined computer: Hi there, my company is providing me with a laptop for work which we can use for personal stuff. It comes preinstalled with Windows 10 and is domain joined. I have created a second "local" user for my personal use. The only thing now is, that that user still seems to be...
  7. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  8. Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating

Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating: Hello, In the last 6 months it has become apparent that our laptops are not updating whenever GMT/BST changes +/- 1 hour. Once laptops are back on the LAN in the office, they update fine. I'm assuming there is a GPO/setting i can set/change that will make them pull the...
  9. Find out what computers are Domain Joined

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Find out what computers are Domain Joined: We are moving to Azure and will no longer have On-Prem Domain Controllerss. We need to find all the domain joined computers that still have an active trust with the Domain Controllers. What's the best way to find those computers? We need to remove their computers from the...
  10. Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers

Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers: We're oddly not finding good guidance for this situation elsewhere, nor even anyone asking questions about it, so I thought I'd ask here. We have company workstations joined to the local domain for the usual centralized control and policy administration purposes....