Windows 10: Wrong time on Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Wrong time on Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I get a Win 10 computer to show correct time? It is set for EST and the auto DST time is checked, but it still says 3:00 when it should say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hesed3, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Hesed3 Win User

Wrong time on Windows 10 computer

How can I get a Win 10 computer to show correct time? It is set for EST and the auto DST time is checked, but it still says 3:00 when it should say 4:00

:)

Hesed3, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Wrong time on Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Wrong computer

2. Why does my computer keep showing "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep showing "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code:...: Sometimes, when I try to log into my computer, the above will show up and it'll tell me to "Set up my pin" but when I press the button it immediately brings me back to the original page where I have to enter my PIN and it's just a cycle. But I realised that if I leave the...
  3. Why does my computer keep showing "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep showing "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code:...: Sometimes, when I try to log into my computer, the above will show up and it'll tell me to "Set up my pin" but when I press the button it immediately brings me back to the original page where I have to enter my PIN and it's just a cycle. But I realised that if I leave the...
  4. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  5. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  6. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What's wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's wrong with my computer: Dear expert,I once made a system boot USB disk by windows 10 starting program. But now when I wanted to I install the system on the empty hard drive in my computer, it said I got something wrong. What could I do? Here's the screen...
  8. Something is wrong with my new computer

Something is wrong with my new computer: I got this new computer a surface 2 and i have had it for two days every time I play a game on gamepass it dies in a hour and the whole computer goes burning hot and the fans start getting loud even with simple things like persona when I googled it someone suggested doing a...
  9. Something is wrong with my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my new computer: I got this new computer a surface 2 and i have had it for two days every time I play a game on gamepass it dies in a hour and the whole computer goes burning hot and the fans start getting loud even with simple things like persona when I googled it someone suggested doing a...
  10. Something is wrong with my new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging