Windows 10: Wrong time

Discus and support Wrong time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All of a sudden most of the UTC+1 clocks show 1 hour ahead, but only half of them. I noticed my time changed 1 hour forward (DST was awhile ago), so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tyrag0n, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Wrong time

All of a sudden most of the UTC+1 clocks show 1 hour ahead, but only half of them.

I noticed my time changed 1 hour forward (DST was awhile ago), so I checked. My time zone is correct and it updates automatically. I'm in UTC+1 and googling the time shows the correct time, while Windows is forcing 1 hour ahead. I checked all the other UTC+1 times, and half of them are correct time, the others not.

What's happening?

submitted by /u/Tyrag0n
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tyrag0n, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

Windows time is wrong

Hi,

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows+X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • On the left hand side click on Clock, Language and Region.
    • Click on Change time zone.
    • And then click on the tab Internet Time and click on
      Change settings.
    • Check the box Synchronize with an internet time server
      and also select the option time.windows.com
      from the drop down and click on OK and check if the issue persists.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Windows time keeps resetting to a wrong time

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your Windows Time, we would like to know the follow:

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, may we know what are those troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried checking the CMOS battery? It provides power to the Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) chip. This chip stores information about the system configuration, including the date and time. If no, we suggest that you replace the battery.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Wrong time

Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Wrong time

1. Wrong time - Similar Threads - Wrong

2. Am I wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I wrong?: I don’t want to sit here and complain, plenty others have that covered for me…but you do infuriate me. Your cute little bit locker turned my OS drive into a rock. I tried keying it and then let two computer repair shops give it a go…nope. Okay, fine, I don’t mind a month of...
  3. Am I wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I wrong?: I don’t want to sit here and complain, plenty others have that covered for me…but you do infuriate me. Your cute little bit locker turned my OS drive into a rock. I tried keying it and then let two computer repair shops give it a go…nope. Okay, fine, I don’t mind a month of...
  4. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  5. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  6. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11: I upgraded my pc that was running a licensed version Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded the motherboard, so this voided the activation of my version of Window. Not happy with this, but I understand. So, I purchased another copy of Windows from the Microsoft app store. I purchased...
  8. Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11

Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11: I upgraded my pc that was running a licensed version Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded the motherboard, so this voided the activation of my version of Window. Not happy with this, but I understand. So, I purchased another copy of Windows from the Microsoft app store. I purchased...
  9. win 11 time is always wrong when reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 time is always wrong when reboot.: I have checked all time settings. They are correct. Need to sync time every reboot.We are not dual booting into Linux. Time is always 1 hr behind. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-time-is-always-wrong-when-reboot/f4f20561-e124-4747-a68c-e25f0fdf93f0
  10. win 11 time is always wrong when reboot.

win 11 time is always wrong when reboot.: I have checked all time settings. They are correct. Need to sync time every reboot.We are not dual booting into Linux. Time is always 1 hr behind. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-time-is-always-wrong-when-reboot/f4f20561-e124-4747-a68c-e25f0fdf93f0