Windows 10: Wrong Update in Queue...(KB4090007: Intel microcode update)

Discus and support Wrong Update in Queue...(KB4090007: Intel microcode update) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My problem is I do not have an Intel based system. I have an AMD based system. What happens is this update (KB4090007) is in the update queue in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sammoss, Dec 4, 2018.

1. sammoss Win User

Wrong Update in Queue...(KB4090007: Intel microcode update)

My problem is I do not have an Intel based system. I have an AMD based system. What happens is this update (KB4090007) is in the update queue in the Windows Update status. So every hour or so the pc shuts down and tries to update this bogus update, does so, then upon restart uninstalls it because it sees that it is the wrong update and the process starts all over again...it has been installing an uninstalling all day long every few hours.

How does one get rid of a bad update that is in the queue without having to nuke the system and do a fresh install of the OS? Can it not see that the Intel microcode isn't applicable?

:)

sammoss, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

KB4090007 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1709 - September 13

Mine says that too, even with KB4090007 installed...

Wrong Update in Queue...(KB4090007: Intel microcode update) [​IMG]

...but neither my OEM through a bios update or MS through KB4090007 can be bothered to issue Intel's updated microcode *Banghead

Bree, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Intel microcode update for Windows 10 1803

The link you provided is KB4090007 intended for Windows 10 1709, it does not work on Windows 10 1803.

Also, InSpectre displays the same results as the Powershell script, i.e. that Windows 10 1803 does not protect against Spectre.

Donny Murgatroyd, Dec 4, 2018
  4. VBF
    VBF Win User

KB4090007 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1709 - September 13

Hi all, Just read through this thread several times and find myself to be very confused (not unusual)

My main PC has an Asus Z87-A Motherboard with the Haswell chip set (Intel i5)

The list of processors that KB4090007 covers does NOT include this chipset. Further,in post id #7 @Brink says
    "If you don't have the CPUs listed in the KB4090007 article above, then you don't need the update."

As I understand it, @Brink, in post id #11, you advocate leaving it installed if one has already installed it. (Idid, but then UNinstalled it)

Fair enough, but then in post id #19 @fdegrove suggests NOT leaving KB4090007 installed as in this case ".....it then would load a cpu micro code that does not correspond with the cpu you're running which could lead to BSODs eventually".

So, am I correct in thinking that KB4090007 is irrelevant to Haswell chipsets?
    Does anyone know whether there is an update for the Haswell?

FYI - this is my result from the Spectre & Meltdown Vulnerability checker Ver 8.0 WITHOUT KB4090007 installed.which says there IS a microcode update available!

HELP, please!*cry

Wrong Update in Queue...(KB4090007: Intel microcode update) [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Wrong Update in Queue...(KB4090007: Intel microcode update) - Similar Threads - Wrong Update Queue

2. Intel microcode update confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Intel microcode update confusion: Windows 10 Home v 20H2 x64 Asking about Intel microcode update for Spectre/Meltdown protection. CPU is i5-2400S, and apparently KB4465065 addresses variants of both issues. However confused over whether or not this update can/should be applied: GRC InSpectre reports all...
  3. Microcode Update for Intel CPU's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microcode Update for Intel CPU's: Hi! I update my laptop ME firmware and my CPU microcode, the last one via Windows Update. Is it going to be an update for desktop processors? Because the update for 10th gen Intel CPU's to update the microcode are only for mobile devices and i can't find one for desktop...
  4. I can't update intel microcode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't update intel microcode: submitted by /u/Miss_barfin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgc6nx/i_cant_update_intel_microcode/
  5. Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10: Microsoft has released Intel Microcode Updates for all supported versions of the company's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft revised the support page on January 30, 2020. The update brings support for additional processors. In particular, all updates, regardless of...
  6. Consistent BSOD since Intel Microcode Updates ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSOD since Intel Microcode Updates ?: Hi all, I've been recently getting random BSOD from using my machine, which I can only attest to recent Windows updates for the new Intel microcode updates to fix their security problems. My machine has run fine for almost 8 years with various upgrades including GPU, ram...
  7. KB4100347: Intel microcode updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4100347: Intel microcode updates: WHY oh WHY would I need to install this on my AMD based Machine.. Please do tell Microsoft as the only chip in my machine that's actually made by Intel is the Network Interface Chip (NIC) and everything else is either AMD or Asmedia I can see no good reason for me to have to...
  8. KB4100347: Intel microcode updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4100347: Intel microcode updates: KB4100347: Intel microcode updates Applies to: Windows Server version 1803Windows 10 version 1803 Summary Intel recently announced that they have completed their validations and started to release microcode for recent CPU platforms related to Spectre Variant 2 (CVE...
  9. Intel microcode updates for 1803?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel microcode updates for 1803?: Is this available for download? 108843
  10. KB4090007 Intel microcode Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v1709

in Windows 10 News
    KB4090007 Intel microcode Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v1709: KB4090007: Intel microcode updates Applies to: Windows 10 version 1709, Windows Server 2016 version 1709 Summary Intel recently announced that they have completed their validations and started to release microcode for newer CPU platforms around Spectre Variant 2 (CVE...