Windows 10: Wrong used space and impossible update after reset

Discus and support Wrong used space and impossible update after reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NinjArbuste, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Wrong used space and impossible update after reset

Hi there.

I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore.

It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours.

A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot:

Wrong used space and impossible update after reset [​IMG]

I have two systems on my hard drive (a linux and windows) here what it looks like:

Wrong used space and impossible update after reset [​IMG]

So "System and reserved" is roughly the size of what my WHOLE windows should be. It don't know where it thinks those extra Gos are...

My guess is that the updates are stuck because it thinks that my disk is full, which obviously is not the case.

Any clue on fixing it ?

:)

NinjArbuste, Jul 20, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 20, 2018
  3. wrong bios programmed on my card what now?

are you kidding? or is this being lost in language barriers?(if so, then id suggest trying google translateon the list above, or reading it several times, im sorry that i cant help with that part) the PCIe slot is what you need, thats where you plug the GPU into. follow the step by step guide, that is your solution. VGA= Video Graphics array, or adapter in this case, AKA GPU, Aka, Video Card.

The 2nd gpu acts as a way to boot into OS since you're not able to do so with the damaged GPU. I don't know what your system specs are but if you have onboard graphics enable them in your bios and then reset your PC or do it after a reset depending on what your motherboard requires that will allow you to boot into your operating system then follow the steps after number three in the list above.( note that if you do not have built-in graphics on your CPU this is where you will use a second GPU )

i hope this helps......Best of luck, i have 35minutes to get dressed, and be on a transport to Kessel.......another day covered in Spice, *Frown Wrong used space and impossible update after reset :( (atleast im working in the Refinery *Wink Wrong used space and impossible update after reset ;) )

jboydgolfer, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Wrong used space and impossible update after reset

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Wrong used space and impossible update after reset

1. Wrong used space and impossible update after reset - Similar Threads - Wrong used space

2. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong: I have a year-old laptop with a 256 GB SSD hard drive. I added about 4 GB of files. Nothing else. Windows 10 is about 20 GB. But when I checked my disk space - right-clicking on the C: drive - Properties - it says 212 GB used and 9 GB free, for a total of 221 GB. How can that...
  3. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong: I have a year-old laptop with a 256 GB SSD hard drive. I added about 4 GB of files. Nothing else. Windows 10 is about 20 GB. But when I checked my disk space - right-clicking on the C: drive - Properties - it says 212 GB used and 9 GB free, for a total of 221 GB. How can that...
  4. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  6. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  7. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Impossible Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible Reset: hello,help please, my surface book 2 worked perfectly and yesterday it stopped detecting the dock with a 43 error of the usb port.i forced the reboot as indicated on the Microsoft support and since nothing goes more.the keyboard is no longer detected at all.the tablet starts...
  9. Wrong used space and impossible update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong used space and impossible update: Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours. A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot:...
  10. After update to windows 10 impossible to use bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After update to windows 10 impossible to use bluetooth: Hello. I have updated my win7 to win10 and after it it`s impossible to use bluetooth on my asus g53sx can someone help me? 41580