Windows 10: Wrong used space and impossible update

Discus and support Wrong used space and impossible update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NinjArbuste, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Wrong used space and impossible update

Hi there.

I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore.

It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours.

A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot:

Wrong used space and impossible update 3d5a4795-6243-45a7-aa98-0b34a53b9605?upload=true.png

I have two systems on my hard drive (a linux and windows) here what it looks like:

Wrong used space and impossible update 09e719a2-1c2e-4c41-8d6e-cfbdc88ee03b?upload=true.png

So "System and reserved" is roughly the size of what my WHOLE windows should be. It don't know where it thinks those extra Gos are...

My guess is that the updates are stuck because it thinks that my disk is full, which obviously is not the case.

How could I fix it ?

:)

NinjArbuste, Jul 20, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Wrong used space and impossible update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Wrong used space and impossible update

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Wrong used space and impossible update

1. Wrong used space and impossible update - Similar Threads - Wrong used space

2. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong: I have a year-old laptop with a 256 GB SSD hard drive. I added about 4 GB of files. Nothing else. Windows 10 is about 20 GB. But when I checked my disk space - right-clicking on the C: drive - Properties - it says 212 GB used and 9 GB free, for a total of 221 GB. How can that...
  3. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong: I have a year-old laptop with a 256 GB SSD hard drive. I added about 4 GB of files. Nothing else. Windows 10 is about 20 GB. But when I checked my disk space - right-clicking on the C: drive - Properties - it says 212 GB used and 9 GB free, for a total of 221 GB. How can that...
  4. Disk Space Used/Free Amounts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  6. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  7. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Update Impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Impossible: Tried to update Windows 3 times. Finally got error code 0x007042b. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-impossible/8cc51ae5-1ee0-4fba-81c8-6b06a53b4309
  9. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space: I have a 5TB Samsung D3 External Drive which appears to be showing the wrong amount of used and free space. The total capacity is showing correctly. If I open the drive and select all the files(inc. hidden)/right click/properties it shows 2.17 Tbt file space which appears...
  10. Wrong used space and impossible update after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong used space and impossible update after reset: Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours. A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot: [img]...