Windows 10: Wrong user ID for home directory

Discus and support Wrong user ID for home directory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New Win10 computer. Install went fine but then checked my home directory. It should have been \Users\wxgeek instead it was \Users\wxgee. **** !!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimmymoser, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Wrong user ID for home directory

New Win10 computer. Install went fine but then checked my home directory.

It should have been \Users\wxgeek instead it was \Users\wxgee. **** !!!

Looks like it took only the first five letters of my email user name.

After finding mentions of this problem is previous messages to this board

I followed the instructions from Microsoft to fix this problem and now the browser

fails to download anything. "Download failed".

Went online to Microsoft and purchased another Windows 10 license as I

could not figure out how to re-install the one that came on the computer.

Went through the install again. EXACTLY THE SAME RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!

At no time during the install process did it ask me for a user name??????

If it wasn't for a couple of apps that I need, I would convert to Linux that I have used

for years and erase Windows 10 from all my PCs. It would be nice if

Microsoft treated their customers as if they had a brain!!!!!!!!

:)

jimmymoser, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Wrong user ID for home directory

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Wrong user ID for home directory

1. Wrong user ID for home directory - Similar Threads - Wrong user home

2. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reconnect user home directory to user account: I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is...
  3. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reconnect user home directory to user account: I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is...
  4. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USER ID

USER ID: I just installed the new EDGE and now all the user ids are not being saved when I click the save user id for every website that I go to. What setting do I need to set in the new EDGE? Thanks...
  6. C:\Users Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Users Directory: Good Afternoon, I have a machine that is a member of a domain. The user account logged onto the machine is a user not an administrator. I run a portable program requires no prior installation as an administrator. I enter domain admin credentials. These domain...
  7. C:\users directory?

C:\users directory?: My C:\users directory shows up as C:\Public\US SEAL 7.ico. Anyone know what's up with that? Thanks; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusers-directory/e798521b-7dab-4ae0-89f6-ade14e8fc0e7
  8. defaultuser0 in User directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    defaultuser0 in User directory: [ATTACH] I was digging through my User's folder to get to AppData and came across the 'defaultuser0' user folder present, dunno if it's bug, or Windows didn't delete it after OOBE. Just for clarification, if it was a hidden folder the icon would have slight opacity, which...
  9. Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only: This is a recent Win10 problem that is causing a lot of inconvenience! It would appear that a Windows Update has been applied which has led to the issue. Open Office no longer is able to save work (*.ODT) to the file directory originating at the C:\Windows\Users path....
  10. Rename the "User" Directory

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rename the "User" Directory: I moved my Users folder from C:\ to D:\ via C:\>Robocopy /xj /Mir /Move /CopyAll C:\Users D:\Users C:\>RMdir C:\Users /s /q and creating a Junction C:\> MkLink /j C:\Users D:\Users All fine and dandy until I had to reinstall windows again. I renamed D:\Users to...