Windows 10: wrong version downloaded can not activate

Discus and support wrong version downloaded can not activate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am very unhappy with the support I did not receive. I purchase an upgrade to windows 10 pro and received Windows 10 enterprise, through no fault of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bscurto, Oct 28, 2018.

1. bscurto Win User

wrong version downloaded can not activate

I am very unhappy with the support I did not receive. I purchase an upgrade to windows 10 pro and received Windows 10 enterprise, through no fault of my own. I did not receive a product key with my order and my computer is no ACTIVATED. After 2 support |conversation and many hours on the |phone I was transferred to the commercial Tech support who will not even hear my problem without first I pay $499.00. My computer has been wiped I lost all my files photos and such. I cannot get the billing dept. to call back either. I used to respect Microsoft, no longer

:)

bscurto, Oct 28, 2018

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Oct 28, 2018
  3. groze Win User
    Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??

I was going to do that for my benefit because of the way I have my partitions setup and to be legal with the EULA that isn't a step by step instruction. Right now I am waiting to see if build 10240 is actually the release build and yes I know at lot of people don't believe 10240 is the release version. I still may need to do that if build 10240 is not the release version.

groze, Oct 28, 2018
  4. D007 Win User

Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

Just thought I'd make a topic for this, as it seems, a few people, have this issue.

This an official response from AMD support.

Most people so far have been reporting that Catalyst 12.4 is installed, but continues to show as 12.3 Suite in the CCC software. It's a known issue, but the drivers are installed correctly.

After installing 12.4, compare the DRIVER version to the version listed on the release notes for 12.4. You can also check the driver version in Device Manager for that video card. If it is installed, it should list the version correctly.

Try these uninstall steps first, however:

1. Download the WICU.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...-Utility.shtml

2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD and reboot through programs and features in the Control Panel (programs and features).
    Use DriverSweeper (freeware) to remove any remnants of AMD (check the "AMD Display" box) (_Please visit us at treexy.com).

3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.

4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

5. Boot into safemode and navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

6. Reboot.

7. Install the Catalyst package again. It should work now.

*Toast :toast:

Thema:

1. wrong version downloaded can not activate - Similar Threads - wrong version downloaded

2. Wrong version activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong version activated: I recently got a new laptop and I currently have Windows 11 Home activated with a digital licence on my Microsoft accaunt. I am pretty sure that, on my previous desktop computer, I used to have a Windows 10 pro that was activated with a digital licence on my same Microsoft...
  3. Wrong version activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong version activated: I recently got a new laptop and I currently have Windows 11 Home activated with a digital licence on my Microsoft accaunt. I am pretty sure that, on my previous desktop computer, I used to have a Windows 10 pro that was activated with a digital licence on my same Microsoft...
  4. Windows 11 Activate with wrong version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activate with wrong version: Hi all,I am using Asus vivobook laptop which meets Windows 11 requirements. Earlier I used my laptop with "Windows 10 Pro" version with activation status as "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". Now recently I installed Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Activate with wrong version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activate with wrong version: Hi all,I am using Asus vivobook laptop which meets Windows 11 requirements. Earlier I used my laptop with "Windows 10 Pro" version with activation status as "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". Now recently I installed Windows...
  6. Windows 10 activation, wrong version downloaded

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation, wrong version downloaded: New Dell XPS13 2in1 came with Windows 10 Home installed. I used the Upgrade Your Edition link in Setting/System/About to install Windows 10 Pro. Link took me to Microsoft Store and charged me, as expected, for upgrade. Wheels spun for a bit and I restarted. Now I see Windows...
  7. Downloaded wrong version of game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded wrong version of game: I’ve paid for Minecraft for Windows 10 and realised it’s the wrong version and should have paid for the Java eddition. Does anyone know if l could swap over to Java without having to pay again? Thanks...
  8. Can I get a refund for downloading wrong version of game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I get a refund for downloading wrong version of game: is it possible to get a refund after downloading the wrong version of a game minecraft? Bought it online from the microsoft store but it is not showing anywhere on order history....
  9. Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10: Hi As the title says, i downloaded windows 10 pro when i hould have downloaded windows 10 home, and when i try to install the proper version using the media creation tool, i don't get the option to choose which windows 10 version i want. Thanks for the help!...
  10. downloaded wrong version of microsoft publisher

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloaded wrong version of microsoft publisher: I downloaded microsoft publisher for PC instead of mac. Been on hold for 20 mins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-wrong-version-of-microsoft-publisher/b280eb36-8afc-4117-a024-b05e9b71e70c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. licence for wrong version of windows?