Windows 10: Wrong version of Anniversary?

Discus and support Wrong version of Anniversary? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went to the nVidia website to download a new driver for my TITAN BLACK GPU, and it said there that my OS is Anniversary 32 bit! But on my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Mag00, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Mr Mag00 Win User

Wrong version of Anniversary?

I went to the nVidia website to download a new driver for my TITAN BLACK GPU, and it said there that my OS is Anniversary 32 bit! But on my computer, in SYSTEM INFORMATION, and in SPECCY, it says, WINDOWS 10 PRO, (which I'm supposed to have)! Can anybody tell me what's going on here? Why is nVidia detecting a 32 bit operating system when I supposedly have Windows 10 64 bit?

Thanks for any help........ *Sad

:)

Mr Mag00, Aug 22, 2016
  2. Pottimus Win User

Wrong version of Windows

Hi,

You didn't answer any of my questions...

Cheers.

Pottimus, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Wrong version of Windows

You have the wrong edition of windows installed.

You need to reinstall the correct Edition of Windows 7 that matches your product Key.

Bill Smithers, Aug 22, 2016
  4. Wrong version of Anniversary?

There shouldn't be any "supposedly". Check your system properties screen to be sure which platform you have.

DeaconFrost, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Mr Mag00 Win User
    Oh, I forgot to mention... the update to Anniversary isn't shown on UPDATE HISTORY. Could that be because it's an UPGRADE?

Mr Mag00, Aug 22, 2016
  6. strollin Win User
    You say you're supposed to have Win 10 Pro but don't state whether that should be 32 or 64 bit. You seem to be implying that Win 10 Pro is automatically 64-bit which is not necessarily the case. When you look at System Info or Speccy, it should say Win 10 Pro, but also indicate 32 or 64 bit as well.

strollin, Aug 22, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    Right click the start flag and select system it will tell you what's installed.

Wrong version of Anniversary? [​IMG]

essenbe, Aug 22, 2016
  8. Mr Mag00 Win User

Sorry. My computer says I have Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. But the nVidia site says I have Windows Anniversary 32 bit. The update to Anniversary does not show in UPDATE HISTORY. But things have changed. The search engine is different, the magnifier now appears where it did not before, so I think I do have Anniversary. But it shouldn't be 32 bit!

Mr Mag00, Aug 22, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    Press the Windows key and the R key then type winver and press Enter. Also open a Command Prompt windows [right-click of the Start button] and type slmgr /dlv and press Enter, wait a minute. Both of these in conjunction with the other posts will give lots of information.

Windows Home version and Pro version are available as either 32-bit or 64-bit. The 64-bit Hardware can run either version but the 32-bit Hardware can only run the 32-bit version. 32-bit = x86 64-bit = x64.

Berton, Aug 22, 2016
  10. A simple fix then is to just manually select the options that pertain to your computer, rather than let their app/site try to determine it. If your system properties say Pro x64, then that's what you have.

DeaconFrost, Aug 22, 2016
  11. essenbe Win User
    If you will go to this web site Download Drivers | NVIDIA You will find the following option.

Wrong version of Anniversary? [​IMG]

If you will use the drop down boxes, you will see that what is showing is the first selection in the list of options. Just select the option that applies to you and search. It will give you the proper driver. It is not detecting anything, it is just showing the first option in each category.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Wrong version of Anniversary? - Similar Threads - Wrong version Anniversary

2. Wrong version activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong version activated: I recently got a new laptop and I currently have Windows 11 Home activated with a digital licence on my Microsoft accaunt. I am pretty sure that, on my previous desktop computer, I used to have a Windows 10 pro that was activated with a digital licence on my same Microsoft...
  3. Wrong version activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong version activated: I recently got a new laptop and I currently have Windows 11 Home activated with a digital licence on my Microsoft accaunt. I am pretty sure that, on my previous desktop computer, I used to have a Windows 10 pro that was activated with a digital licence on my same Microsoft...
  4. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  5. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  6. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wrong version of minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong version of minecraft: Was gifted minecraft for xbox one but i am on PC, how do i go about swapping the xbox one version for a windows 10 version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-version-of-minecraft/21553454-c4ef-4d20-9249-5512eb7f21fa
  8. wrong version of minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong version of minecraft: I bought Minecraft and had gotten the version that was for Xbox when I wanted the pc version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-version-of-minecraft/72120964-a6b8-4ed2-8bf3-9235362ed1be
  9. Windows anniversary version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows anniversary version: I have install windows 10 pro 1607 version for my pc. After install installation graphic card drivers not detect in computer manager and when i manually install graphics drivers then it will have error as follow , “this drivers not compatible with current windows version”. I...
  10. Wrong Windows Version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Windows Version: Recently I reset my PC running Windows 10 Pro Edition. After the reset, I found out that it had installed Windows 10 Enterprise Edition rather than the Pro Edition that it should of been running. I have no idea how to switch back onto the Pro Edition and I am in need of...