Windows 10: Wrong version of Windows 10. Can I change it without losing stuff?

Discus and support Wrong version of Windows 10. Can I change it without losing stuff? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having? A while back I bought a cheap hand built gaming PC from a guy who lived next door... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BootlegSkeleton, May 12, 2019.

1. Wrong version of Windows 10. Can I change it without losing stuff?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having? A while back I bought a cheap hand built gaming PC from a guy who lived next door to me. For a while I had no problems with it (it runs games surprisingly well for something so cheap and cobbled together looking), but recently I've been getting CONSTANTLY interrupted by the "your Windows license is about to expire" message. So I looked it up, and I think the idiot installed a pirated copy of the version of Windows 10 only meant to be used by companies when he was building the computer.

So, long story short, is there anything I can do about this? like, if I buy a legitimate key can I replace it with a different version of Windows 10, or would I have to wipe my system and do a fresh install to do that?

:)

BootlegSkeleton, May 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2019
  3. Atomic77 Win User
    Im a Windows 10 Now

Well so far Windows 10 is good I did not lose any of my previously installed stuff on here. Windows 10 doesn't seem to boot as fast as the older version.

Atomic77, May 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Wrong version of Windows 10. Can I change it without losing stuff?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Wrong version of Windows 10. Can I change it without losing stuff?

1. Wrong version of Windows 10. Can I change it without losing stuff? - Similar Threads - Wrong version change

2. How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?: I have an old Toshiba Satellite. It came with Win 7 activated, I decided to upgrade every computer I have to Win 10. The upgrade went smooth on one, but two couldn't update for whatever reason. My computer reverted to Win7 but didn't activate. So, I decided to do a clean...
  3. How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?: I have an old Toshiba Satellite. It came with Win 7 activated, I decided to upgrade every computer I have to Win 10. The upgrade went smooth on one, but two couldn't update for whatever reason. My computer reverted to Win7 but didn't activate. So, I decided to do a clean...
  4. How can I activate Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can i downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 without losing data?: would i lose data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-downgrade-from-windows-11-to-windows-10/ffb5e33e-f219-4256-80e8-ce77a8246e2f
  6. Change windows account without losing settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change windows account without losing settings: HiI want to change my account on windows 10 to my child’s account but wish to keep all settings, programs, interface and data same as my account. I have created a new account in my family, gave this new account admin rights on laptop but yet when I switch user, all settings...
  7. I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling.: I did the blunder of installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home premium, so of course it won't accept my activation key. And i really wouldnt like to reinstall again, is there any way to change versions? submitted by /u/hanzn [link] [comments]...
  8. Can i rename a User without losing anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i rename a User without losing anything?: Finally build my gaming rig, was careless and signed in windows with my email on installation, now my user is named after the 5 first letters of my email and i noticed it too late. Is there a way to rename it? Obviously i dont want to format/delete user since i got 5+tb of...
  9. Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?: I purchased and have a product key for Windows 10 Home upgrade but then noticed I have Windows 7 Professional, and the Media Creation Tool downloaded Windows 10 Pro upgrade. How can I return my Home upgrade version for a Pro upgrade version?...
  10. Wrong windows version, can i upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong windows version, can i upgrade: so i recently rebuilt my pc from the ground up, and i installed the wrong version of windows (i had pro, i installed home). Can i upgrade to pro so my product key can be moved without reinstalling windows?...