Windows 10: Wrong Version Update Attempt

Discus and support Wrong Version Update Attempt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Version 1809 of Windows Home 10, Yet in my history and sometimes pending list.....updates for versions 1909 and 1903 are listed. Why does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShaneDer, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ShaneDer Win User

Wrong Version Update Attempt

I have Version 1809 of Windows Home 10, Yet in my history and sometimes pending list.....updates for versions 1909 and 1903 are listed. Why does it continue to download the wrong updates? thanks

:)

ShaneDer, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Feb 15, 2020
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Wrong Version Update Attempt - Similar Threads - Wrong Version Update

2. My computer attempted to auto update, something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer attempted to auto update, something went wrong: Hi there, looking for some help. My computer attempted to auto update, something went wrong with the process and it attempted to uninstall. It didn’t uninstall after a whole night of being left to accomplish this task. I forced a restart in the morning and booted back up. It...
  3. My computer attempted to auto update, something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer attempted to auto update, something went wrong: Hi there, looking for some help. My computer attempted to auto update, something went wrong with the process and it attempted to uninstall. It didn’t uninstall after a whole night of being left to accomplish this task. I forced a restart in the morning and booted back up. It...
  4. How to disable update attempts to Version 21H2 for good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable update attempts to Version 21H2 for good: For weeks now, my PC running Windows 10 Home 20H2 is constantly trying to update to 21H2, and keeps failing. After rebooting, at about 99% progress it suddenly realizes something's wrong and reverts all changes with "We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t...
  5. How to disable update attempts to Version 21H2 for good

How to disable update attempts to Version 21H2 for good: For weeks now, my PC running Windows 10 Home 20H2 is constantly trying to update to 21H2, and keeps failing. After rebooting, at about 99% progress it suddenly realizes something's wrong and reverts all changes with "We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t...
  6. How to disable update attempts to Version 21H2 for good

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  8. Wrong Version . . .

Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  9. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Wrong Password when attempt to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong Password when attempt to login: i cant sign in on my computer. i can sign into to out look and everything but when i try to sign into my account on my computer it says when password is wrong even when i reset it 2 minutes earlier. what is the issue [Original Title: account]...