Windows 10: "Wrong" Version used to make recovery drive from another Win10 pc, recovered OK but now...

Discus and support "Wrong" Version used to make recovery drive from another Win10 pc, recovered OK but now... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had to create a recovery drive from my work PC after BSOD on our family laptop i had no choice and nothing i read suggested the version of Win10 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VentralWolf1843, Mar 17, 2020.

1. "Wrong" Version used to make recovery drive from another Win10 pc, recovered OK but now...

I had to create a recovery drive from my work PC after BSOD on our family laptop i had no choice and nothing i read suggested the version of Win10 was important when creating the recovery drive but after finally getting the family laptop back into life it will not activate windows, despite having the original key from original Acer install using softwarelicensingservice . I believe this is due to my work laptop being Win10 Enterprise and the family laptop being either Home or Pro. When i look at the Settings Activation it says it has Windows 10 Enterprise...

Can anyone suggest the best way to proceed, i really dont want to have to go through the whole painful re-install of everything ive already done, so im really hoping there is a way to downgrade to the previous Win10 version so that the old key can activate

Thanks

:)

VentralWolf1843, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Mar 17, 2020
  3. rct0 Win User
    Win10 Reset This PC/Recovery Drive fails, overwrites wrong drive!

Ok, I tried:

• Generic Win 10 install on the NVMe drive
    • Wiped the HDD so no partition table, MBR, etc.
    • Re-ran Recovery/Reset This PC and it still attempted to install Win10 on the HDD instead of the NVMe drive and failed at 77% in.

A further clue -- from the command prompt in the recovery environment bootrec doesn't seem to be able to find/access the NVMe drive. /fixboot gives me access denied. The scan doesn't seem to see the NVMe drive at all.

4. "Wrong" Version used to make recovery drive from another Win10 pc, recovered OK but now...

Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

"Wrong" Version used to make recovery drive from another Win10 pc, recovered OK but now...

1. "Wrong" Version used to make recovery drive from another Win10 pc, recovered OK but now... - Similar Threads - Wrong Version used

2. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  3. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  4. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc

to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc: to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-make-recovery-drive-usb-win-10-for-another-pc/ba23bd5d-1dda-418a-8f41-5e4263218494
  6. Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC

Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC: Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it...
  7. To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC

To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC: Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it...
  8. Win10 Reset This PC/Recovery Drive fails, overwrites wrong drive!

Win10 Reset This PC/Recovery Drive fails, overwrites wrong drive!: System: Lenovo Thinkpad P51, 2 drives, 1 x NVMe, 1 x HDD. I replaced the NVMe drive and attempted to reinstall Windows using a USB Recovery drive created on this system before any problems. This failed and would have resulted in data loss if I didn't have other backups....
  9. Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive: How to: Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive How to 'Recover from a drive' to Reset Windows 10 [img] Information A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a system...
  10. Wrong Win10 Version Installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Win10 Version Installed: I downloaded and burned to DVD Win10 ... I did a clean install onto another partition which went fairly well.... But I ran into a few problems I hope someone can help with... 1.) Windows 10 is asking for the product key. 2.) I noticed the version of Win10 installed...