Windows 10: Wrong weather and traffic location

Discus and support Wrong weather and traffic location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed win updates on my PC. Before I noticed this, my weather showed an accurate location despite having location settings off. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SSbzbz, Jul 22, 2021.

1. SSbzbz Win User

Wrong weather and traffic location

I recently installed win updates on my PC. Before I noticed this, my weather showed an accurate location despite having location settings off. Now after the update, my weather and traffic location show Riga, Latvia. I tried changing the settings, going from "Always detect my location" to "Specify location" and then reverting it. But I still got the same result. Has this happened to anyone? Could it be a bug? Should I try rolling back the update?

:)

SSbzbz, Jul 22, 2021

2. Cortana wrong weather location

I have the same problem. I have set my home location in Cortana's notebook in About Me and under Weather I have added my city. When I ask Cortana what the weather is at home she gives me the weather at the wrong location ( 2 hours away). When I tell
    her this is the wrong location I get the reply "Here is some information that should help you" and shows me a map of the wrong location. I've told her "this is the wrong location", "this is not my home location", "this location is incorrect" and she either
    shows me a map or does a bing search. I finally turned her off.

LorraineBlough, Jul 22, 2021
  3. tcman50 Win User
    Default weather on Bing is wrong

I live in Palm Coast Fl and have its weather as a interest on my Bing Homepage but the homepage also show Ocala Fl apparently as my default location for some reason which is wrong.

How do I get rid of the the Ocala weather on my homepage, its not listed as an interest.

Wrong weather and traffic location [​IMG]

tcman50, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Wrong weather and traffic location

Weather Settings are showing wrong forecast

Let us double check your Location privacy settings by following these steps:

• Click Start Menu and type Location Privacy settings.
    • Turn on Location.
    • Make sure that location for Weather and Calendar apps are also enabled.
    • Restart your PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Wrong weather and traffic location

1. Wrong weather and traffic location - Similar Threads - Wrong weather traffic

2. Wrong location for BING weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong location for BING weather: I know I've complained about this before, but it's chronic now. No matter how many times I reiterate my city I get weather from miles off! I can't get the temperature to come up as Fahrenheit without manually changing it, either. Same on Win 10 pc. Help, please....
  3. Wrong location for BING weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong location for BING weather: I know I've complained about this before, but it's chronic now. No matter how many times I reiterate my city I get weather from miles off! I can't get the temperature to come up as Fahrenheit without manually changing it, either. Same on Win 10 pc. Help, please....
  4. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  5. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  6. Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather: Recently, my laptop has had an issue with knowing where it is and setting the correct time zone PDT. I have had to manually change time zone and when i go to turn on the change time zone automatically setting, it reverted back to the wrong time zone EDT. Looking in maps, my...
  7. Weather showing wrong location

Weather showing wrong location: Hello, I have the latest version of the Microsoft weather app on windows 10 and the location is showing the wrong location when set to detect my location. location is enabled in-app settings, privacy settings, and the icon that shows location is being used on the taskbar is...
  8. cortana Showing weather of wrong location.

in Cortana
    cortana Showing weather of wrong location.: Hello everyone, My Cortana app is showing weather of the wrong location. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-showing-weather-of-wrong-location/c3d3b60e-dff2-416b-b068-c6d4e987d680
  9. Wrong location on Lock Screen for Weather

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong location on Lock Screen for Weather: This question was asked and answered in another thread but the solution provided do not solve my issue. On my Windows Lock Screen it displays the weather location as Washington, D.C. I am in Florida. Yes, I have set my default location correctly and it displays correctly when...
  10. Wrong location for weather on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong location for weather on lock screen: I set the Windows 10 lock screen to show the detailed weather. Instead of showing the weather at my location it shows weather in Paris. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-location-for-weather-on-lock-screen/9450f7f2-f3d4-4bc3-88bd-cbf7cb19629b