Windows 10: Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network

Discus and support Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Last night I updated my laptop to Windows 10 2004 but then I found that the Wi-fi icon remain "No Internet Connection" and each Wi-fi network changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by meiquang, Jun 26, 2020.

1. meiquang Win User

Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network

Last night I updated my laptop to Windows 10 2004 but then I found that the Wi-fi icon remain "No Internet Connection" and each Wi-fi network changed. I still have access to Internet but this thing make me a bit uncomfortable. What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you.

Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network 56753a99-da95-4b9e-ab12-d27a4e58de8b?upload=true.png

:)

meiquang, Jun 26, 2020

2. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Wrong wi-fi icon?

I have my 'old' Black Panther system now connected by a wi-fi dongle.

There isn't a networking problem here, because the pc gets online with no problem.

However the bottom-right icon (near the clock) shows the symbol for not connected - 5 empty bars and a red cross over them.
    Mousing over the icon it says 'network - internet access' *Confused Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network :confused: And there is internet.

Why isn't the correct icon showing up? *Wtf :wtf:

Black Panther, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Chino Win User

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh Delivers Intelligent Wi-Fi Networks

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh , bringing efficient, self-organizing networks that deliver a broad footprint of uniform Wi-Fi service. Built on the promise of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED , Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a standards-based approach to deploying adaptable networks comprised of multiple access points from different vendors, extending uniform Wi-Fi coverage and enhancing performance throughout a larger service area than is possible with a single access point. Wi-Fi EasyMesh allows users and service providers to select interoperable devices across different brands to ensure fast, wide, and reliable Wi-Fi coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh technology coordinates multiple access points into a unified and intelligent Wi-Fi network that autonomously aids all areas of the home to have complete Wi-Fi coverage. Access points organize themselves and establish high-performance Wi-Fi network connectivity with minimal effort required by the user. After the initial simple setup, Wi-Fi EasyMesh monitors network conditions and self-adapts as needed. Wi-Fi EasyMesh guides smartphones, tablets, and other user devices to the optimal access point, enabling a seamless experience, even when moving throughout the home. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks accommodate a greater selection of devices across brands and are also extensible, making it easy for users to introduce new Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points into their network. Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points today will maintain interoperability with future Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, providing an enhanced user experience for years to come.

Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network sXh8rRSz2TZA5ZHY_thm.jpg

"Wi-Fi EasyMesh offers both service providers and Wi-Fi users a consistent approach to multiple AP solutions," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a standardized solution to a market-leading product category enabling a strong ecosystem for interoperable, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices."

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is a Wi-Fi Alliance certification program focused on access points. User devices also experience the benefits of Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, which deliver a consistent level of interoperability between access points and client devices. Other benefits of a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED solution include assurances of Wi-Fi security and accepted protocols, as well as a dependable experience with Wi-Fi EasyMesh setup and management regardless of vendor. Service providers that deploy Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh access points in homes can increase customer satisfaction with their Wi-Fi service. Further, Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks enable customers to seamlessly add an appropriate number of Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points to provide necessary full home coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is the latest in a growing Wi-Fi Alliance technology portfolio that improves the Wi-Fi user experience. Recently launched Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design can leverage Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks in their Wi-Fi CERTIFIED floor plans as another method to deliver integrated, uniform whole home coverage. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks utilize mechanisms from Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband , and user devices certified for these capabilities will experience more intelligent steering and faster network transitions for applications such as Wi-Fi calling.

"Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a fundamental innovation for interoperability which is necessary to enable residential IoT and the connected smart home, and products would benefit greatly from being Wi-Fi CERTIFIED," said Adlane Fellah, wireless analyst, Maravedis. "Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a better residential Wi-Fi user experience and a standardized approach further expands an existing market and drives greater innovation among product vendors."

For more information on Wi-Fi EasyMesh, please visit: Wi-Fi EasyMesh | Wi-Fi Alliance.

Chino, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network - Similar Threads - Wrong icon connecting

2. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  3. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  4. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  5. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  6. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  7. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  8. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

9. WI FI not Detected or Cant connect to WI FI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WI FI not Detected or Cant connect to WI FI: hi im sorry if my english are bad its not my first languageso recently i have this problem with my home wifi where if im conneted to my home wifi it disconneted by it self when i try to use it or its not detected by my laptop at all.t his only happen with my home wifi i can...
  10. wi-fi icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-fi icon: ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-icon/649c0c61-f7de-4830-8655-ba1a88dd090c