Windows 10: Wrong Windows 10 Edition installed even after Factory Reset

Discus and support Wrong Windows 10 Edition installed even after Factory Reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is a new laptop running Windows 10 HOME. This happened after I had to configure my laptop for school usage. After configuration, the edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TuitionB, Mar 10, 2019.

1. TuitionB Win User

Wrong Windows 10 Edition installed even after Factory Reset

This is a new laptop running Windows 10 HOME. This happened after I had to configure my laptop for school usage. After configuration, the edition changed to Windows 10 EDUCATION. There was an error and I had to restart from scratch after certain files were not there. I factory reset it, i used the clean drive option hoping it would turn back to windows 10 HOME but yet my edition is still WIndows 10 EDUCATION and not HOME. Is there a way to solve this and get my windows 10 HOME back? I checked my Microsoft account and my laptop is linked to my laptop BUT it is under the EDUCATION Version and not the home version. How do I get switch it and get it back to Windows 10 HOME? Please advise.

(Tech Support is not available as it is a sunday)

:)

TuitionB, Mar 10, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 10, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Wrong Windows 10 Edition installed even after Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Wrong Edition installed

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset: Ever since getting this laptop, I have had a variety BSODs occur at random times ranging from at least once a week to dozens of times a day. Lately, they have all been "System Service Exceptions," but they have previously been a number of stop codes that all seem to point to...
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset: Ever since getting this laptop, I have had a variety BSODs occur at random times ranging from at least once a week to dozens of times a day. Lately, they have all been "System Service Exceptions," but they have previously been a number of stop codes that all seem to point to...
  4. Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?: O/S: Windows 10 21H2 HomeProcessor: Intel Core i5 - 6th Gen.RAM: 12 GB 4 + 8 DDR3HDD: 1 TBModel: HP Pavilion 360-s101tu Convertible 2-in-1Date of purchase: April 2017Main use: Editing text on Google Docs. Writing emails. Daily use for past four years: 10–12 hours. Maybe...
  5. Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?: O/S: Windows 10 21H2 HomeProcessor: Intel Core i5 - 6th Gen.RAM: 12 GB 4 + 8 DDR3HDD: 1 TBModel: HP Pavilion 360-s101tu Convertible 2-in-1Date of purchase: April 2017Main use: Editing text on Google Docs. Writing emails. Daily use for past four years: 10–12 hours. Maybe...
  6. Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Factory reset Windows 10 education edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset Windows 10 education edition: It it possible to do a factory reset on our windows 10 education edition laptops. I see the "Keep my files" and "Remove Everything" but there isn't a factory reset option. we used one image to reset each one of our machine but they all end up having the same product key and i...
  8. Unable to redownload minecraft windows 10 edition after a factory reset?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to redownload minecraft windows 10 edition after a factory reset?: I am on the same account I purchased the game from, firstly, and I do have proof of a purchase if any microsoft employee would read this thread. I have tried signing out and signing back in and then looking in my library, but Minecraft is not available for me to...
  9. No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting: So about a while ago I pulled my headphones too hard and a little piece got stock in there but I just took it out. And that was that. A couple weeks later my sound wasn't working with my headphones. The speakers and Bluetooth earbuds were fine. I couldn't figure out what to...
  10. Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk at 100% even after a factory reset: So i fully reset my laptop which has windows 10 updated version. Even after resetting it ,the disk is at 100% and there are around 89 background process running which i have no clue about. Hope i could get a solution...