Windows 10: Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

Discus and support Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with my laptop dell it keeps on saying I should activate my windows only to find out I’m using the windows 10 license for windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Windows 10 problem, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

Hi I have a problem with my laptop dell it keeps on saying I should activate my windows only to find out I’m using the windows 10 license for windows 10 pro Please help I’m so frustrated right now because I’ve started with classes .See the picture

:)

Windows 10 problem, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2022
  3. GoranN87 Win User
    Wrong Windows License

Hey there, I think i bought wrong Windows license.

Briefly:

• Talking with agents on phone is useless! They not polite, keep breathing on the phone and can't make normal conversation.
    • I bought Lenovo P53 Laptop with preinstalled Home version.
    • Somehow bought Pro for Workstations from Microsoft store and now can't activate nor want PRO for Workstations as my laptop is not workstation.

Now not sure what to do nor ask.

GoranN87, Jan 14, 2022
  4. krimetal Win User

Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

1. Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows - Similar Threads - Wrong license wrong

2. Wrong license linked with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong license linked with account: I have a digital license of Windows 10 Pro which was later upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. Unfotunatly my PC died. I purchase a new PC with preinstalled Windows 11 Home. Now I am trying to reuse my own Windows 10 / 11 Pro license. I have clean installed both Windows 10 & and...
  3. Wrong license linked with account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong license linked with account: I have a digital license of Windows 10 Pro which was later upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. Unfotunatly my PC died. I purchase a new PC with preinstalled Windows 11 Home. Now I am trying to reuse my own Windows 10 / 11 Pro license. I have clean installed both Windows 10 & and...
  4. Wrong license linked with account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows: Hi I have a problem with my laptop dell it keeps on saying I should activate my windows only to find out I’m using the windows 10 license for windows 10 pro Please help I’m so frustrated right now because I’ve started with classes .See the picture...
  6. Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows: Hi I have a problem with my laptop dell it keeps on saying I should activate my windows only to find out I’m using the windows 10 license for windows 10 pro Please help I’m so frustrated right now because I’ve started with classes .See the picture...
  7. Wrong Windows License

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong Windows License: Hey there, I think i bought wrong Windows licence. Briefly: Talking with agents on phone is useless! They not polite, keep breathing on the phone and can't make normal conversation. I bought Lenovo P53 Laptop not Work station yet I somehow mistakenly bought Windows 10 PRO...
  8. Wrong Windows 10 Version?

Wrong Windows 10 Version?: My father-in-law upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise but he is getting a Windows Activation error with the wrong product key. I'm guessing he had a Windows Home version but somehow upgraded to Enterprise. How can I get him back to Windows 10 Home? He no longer has his product...
  9. Make windows license activation on wrong machine

Make windows license activation on wrong machine: I Bought Windows 10 OEI 1 user and I insert product key into wrong computer. How can I completely remove license info from this PC. Please help me!...
  10. Wrong version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong version of Windows 10: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 build 10.130 Pro. I should have installed another version, I am upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium Dutch. I would like the stay at Dutch. At this moment it seems impossible to activate my Windows 10/ I presume because I have made wrong...