Windows 10: Wrong windows account folder name.

Discus and support Wrong windows account folder name. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows account folder name has the last character missing! My first name is Partha. Everywhere it shows Partha in my laptop. But my windows account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Parthaaa, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Parthaaa Win User

Wrong windows account folder name.

My windows account folder name has the last character missing! My first name is Partha. Everywhere it shows Partha in my laptop. But my windows account folder name is "parth" instead of "partha". I don't want to create a new MS account and delete my current account. I want to keep using this account. Is there a safe way to correct that folder name?

:)

Parthaaa, Nov 25, 2018

2. User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Nov 25, 2018
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Wrong windows account folder name. - Similar Threads - Wrong account folder

2. Change the name of account and folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  3. Wrongly named system folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrongly named system folders: I recently carried out a clean install of Windows 10 on to a new drive installed to replace a problem one. During setting it up I seem to have messed up something in File Explorer so I have a number of system folders appearing under This PC which, although being set up to...
  4. Automatically generated account name is wrong person

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically generated account name is wrong person: I recently purchased a 2nd Windows 10 PC. The first Windows 10 PC I have has been continuously updated since the Windows 10 early release program. On my 1st Windows 10 PC, my wife Joanne's account was created as a local account, not associated to an e-Mail address. On the...
  5. Wrong account name when signing in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong account name when signing in: I get the problems with your account notice. I click to signin. It shows a signin name that is not my current one it displays an old one and asks for a password. The password for my current account does not work, and rejects it. But I can't find a way to change the signin...
  6. user account folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account folder name: When I set up my new computer it used part of my ms acct phone number for my user account folder name. How do I change this folder name to my first name or some other name?...
  7. Windows Explorer Displaying Wrong Name for User Profile Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Displaying Wrong Name for User Profile Folder: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheRealHourglass [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpvnou/windows_explorer_displaying_wrong_name_for_user/
  8. Random wrong name attached to account!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random wrong name attached to account!: I just created a microsoft account on a NEW laptop - my email is via yahoo and is literally my first name and last name. My email account is under MY name. But somehow, the account name that shows up associated with my microsoft account is my GRANDMA'S name! I have no idea...
  9. User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name: Hello, soooo i just noticed, the User Files Folder, that can be displayed on the Desktop and Explorer (you know, the one with your Username) has changed it's mind to Display "Ordner" (German for Folder*). This is the case for: My Desktop User Folder Icon (See image) The...
  10. User Account Folder has Wrong Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Folder has Wrong Name: Just got a new Tablet PC. As it took me through the initial setup process, it truncated my User Name to the first letter. For example, for my username I entered 'Fred' but when I hit Enter the name was shown as 'f' and no way to get back to that screen to change it. After...