Windows 10: Wrong windows version, can i upgrade

Discus and support Wrong windows version, can i upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so i recently rebuilt my pc from the ground up, and i installed the wrong version of windows (i had pro, i installed home). Can i upgrade to pro so my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RaalHikata, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Wrong windows version, can i upgrade

so i recently rebuilt my pc from the ground up, and i installed the wrong version of windows (i had pro, i installed home). Can i upgrade to pro so my product key can be moved without reinstalling windows?

:)

RaalHikata, Jun 13, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Wrong windows version, can i upgrade

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Wrong windows version, can i upgrade

1. Wrong windows version, can i upgrade - Similar Threads - Wrong version upgrade

2. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  3. Can I get a refund for downloading wrong version of game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I get a refund for downloading wrong version of game: is it possible to get a refund after downloading the wrong version of a game minecraft? Bought it online from the microsoft store but it is not showing anywhere on order history....
  4. Can I upgrade old Windows version Windows 1607?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade old Windows version Windows 1607?: I have Windows 10, v. 1607 installed. I know it is really an old build but I want to upgrade it to the latest. Is it still possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-old-windows-version-windows-1607/db737d01-1273-418f-9b87-1e80c9897e75
  5. Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?

Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?: I purchased and have a product key for Windows 10 Home upgrade but then noticed I have Windows 7 Professional, and the Media Creation Tool downloaded Windows 10 Pro upgrade. How can I return my Home upgrade version for a Pro upgrade version?...
  6. upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong

upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong: Hi there, I recently upgraded my 1607 version to the latest version of Windows but I didn't do it correctly, I did it how one of your techs online showed me how to do it. I did not create a back up nor a bootable copy of the Windows I was installing etc we simply put the...
  7. Wrong Windows Version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Windows Version: Recently I reset my PC running Windows 10 Pro Edition. After the reset, I found out that it had installed Windows 10 Enterprise Edition rather than the Pro Edition that it should of been running. I have no idea how to switch back onto the Pro Edition and I am in need of...
  8. wrong version downloaded can not activate

wrong version downloaded can not activate: I am very unhappy with the support I did not receive. I purchase an upgrade to windows 10 pro and received Windows 10 enterprise, through no fault of my own. I did not receive a product key with my order and my computer is no ACTIVATED. After 2 support |conversation and...
  9. Have I upgraded to the wrong version?

Have I upgraded to the wrong version?: Hi there, I've just bought a new laptop: a Lenovo Z51, Windows 8.1, 8GB RAM. I've immediately upgraded it to Windows 10. I had a few problems on the way, but I thought I'd finally got there. (One thing I haven't sorted is activation, but I'll contact the company I...
  10. Have I upgraded to wrong version of 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have I upgraded to wrong version of 10?: I'm not too happy with 10 and wanted to roll back to 8.1 but when I tried everything worked perfectly till the last moment when I was left with a black screen. I gave windows Tech permission to access my PC and they tried it - same result. I was called back and told to call...