Windows 10: Wrong windows version installed

Discus and support Wrong windows version installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend was recently helping me with PC issues but in the end we had to reinstall windows. Unfortunately he messed up and installed a trial version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatthewWilliams1983, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Wrong windows version installed

A friend was recently helping me with PC issues but in the end we had to reinstall windows.

Unfortunately he messed up and installed a trial version of the wrong edition of windows using the wrong installation media.

This only came to light after I got messages about the trial expiring and really don't want to go through the whole reinstallation of all my apps etc. Is there any way I can install my full version of Windows 10 Home edition over the trial Windows 10 Enterprise without it wiping all my apps & private files?

:)

MatthewWilliams1983, Jul 17, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 17, 2018
  4. D007 Win User

Wrong windows version installed

Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

Just thought I'd make a topic for this, as it seems, a few people, have this issue.

This an official response from AMD support.

Most people so far have been reporting that Catalyst 12.4 is installed, but continues to show as 12.3 Suite in the CCC software. It's a known issue, but the drivers are installed correctly.

After installing 12.4, compare the DRIVER version to the version listed on the release notes for 12.4. You can also check the driver version in Device Manager for that video card. If it is installed, it should list the version correctly.

Try these uninstall steps first, however:

1. Download the WICU.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...-Utility.shtml

2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD and reboot through programs and features in the Control Panel (programs and features).
    Use DriverSweeper (freeware) to remove any remnants of AMD (check the "AMD Display" box) (_Please visit us at treexy.com).

3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.

4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

5. Boot into safemode and navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

6. Reboot.

7. Install the Catalyst package again. It should work now.

*Toast :toast:

Thema:

Wrong windows version installed

1. Wrong windows version installed - Similar Threads - Wrong version installed

2. Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows: My girlfriend had some issues with her computer so we opted for a reinstall of windows using the recovery reset option, the issues she had dissapeared but now it turns out the reinstall changed her windows version from Home to Enterprise which we are now unable to activate....
  3. Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows: My girlfriend had some issues with her computer so we opted for a reinstall of windows using the recovery reset option, the issues she had dissapeared but now it turns out the reinstall changed her windows version from Home to Enterprise which we are now unable to activate....
  4. Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Install automatically installed wrong version and drivers are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Install automatically installed wrong version and drivers are missing: I had to do a fresh install of windows.I was using Windows 11 for about a month, and opted to keep my files throughout the restore.Now I'm somehow on windows 10, my microsoft account login is gone, and my internet and network drivers no longer exist hopefully the cause of the...
  6. Windows Install automatically installed wrong version and drivers are missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Install automatically installed wrong version and drivers are missing: I had to do a fresh install of windows.I was using Windows 11 for about a month, and opted to keep my files throughout the restore.Now I'm somehow on windows 10, my microsoft account login is gone, and my internet and network drivers no longer exist hopefully the cause of the...
  7. Installed wrong win 10 version.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed wrong win 10 version.: HI I installed the wrong windows 10 version: Windows 10 pro N. While the product key I purchased is for Windows 10 Pro. I tried to use the key I have for activation but it didn't accept it. What should I do? Thanks, Rune...
  8. Installed the wrong version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed the wrong version of Windows 10: I've recently built myself a new PC and upon installing what should have been Windows 10 Home, have installed the Education version of Windows instead. I was wondering if the was any way in which I could uninstall my current version of windows, and then reinstall the correct...
  9. Wrong Windows Version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Windows Version: Recently I reset my PC running Windows 10 Pro Edition. After the reset, I found out that it had installed Windows 10 Enterprise Edition rather than the Pro Edition that it should of been running. I have no idea how to switch back onto the Pro Edition and I am in need of...
  10. Wrong Win10 Version Installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Win10 Version Installed: I downloaded and burned to DVD Win10 ... I did a clean install onto another partition which went fairly well.... But I ran into a few problems I hope someone can help with... 1.) Windows 10 is asking for the product key. 2.) I noticed the version of Win10 installed...