Windows 10: Wrong Word Icon

Discus and support Wrong Word Icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro 1809 and Office 2016 and my MS word icon looks like this [ATTACH] All my other Office icons are correct and this is bugging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhillipAllen2, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Wrong Word Icon

Running Windows 10 Pro 1809 and Office 2016 and my MS word icon looks like this

Wrong Word Icon bf27811a-7824-4dfb-a866-c48ff8a1627e?upload=true.jpg

All my other Office icons are correct and this is bugging me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my word documents to show the proper icon. I've renamed the icon cache to .old with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

PhillipAllen2, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jun 15, 2019
  3. E66 - Possible to edit/delete word in T9 dictionary

Hi

I have a problem with my T9 dictionary.

A wrong word is added to the list and this is the first word to be suggested for a very common input, very annoying as the combination is used a lot.

Is it possible to edit the T9 list in the phone?

Rgds

Jesper

mathe---01, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Wrong Word Icon

Word document are have internet explorer icons

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

Please, try the following procedures below:

1. Try right-clicking a Word icon app; on the Context Menu, click Open With, and then click the option to set the default program.

2. Specify that the file should open in Word. If you don't see Word in the list of suggested programs, you have to browse for winword.exe.

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Wrong Word Icon

1. Wrong Word Icon - Similar Threads - Wrong Word Icon

2. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Icons on Taskbar: I have opened 6 word documents. They all appear on the taskbar. I would like to arrange them alphabetically from left to right to make it easier to work with them. When I try to move 1 - ONE - all icons move. I only want to move 1 - ONE - icon at a time. Help?...
  3. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Icons on Taskbar: I have opened 6 word documents. They all appear on the taskbar. I would like to arrange them alphabetically from left to right to make it easier to work with them. When I try to move 1 - ONE - all icons move. I only want to move 1 - ONE - icon at a time. Help?...
  4. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Wrong icons in the Paste Special dialog of Word 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong icons in the Paste Special dialog of Word 365: In my latest update of Word 365, when I copy a text, for example, and try to do Paste Special, the Paste Special dialog shows wrong icons for all options:Any idea to fix this?It was good recently....
  6. Wrong icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong icon: I went to the desktop. [ATTACH] The user files icon is a normal folder icon with a folder with contents in it icon instead of being the proper right icon. Did the icon cache corrupt?...
  7. Wrong USB icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong USB icon: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheAlireeza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2e9ty/wrong_usb_icon/
  8. WORD ICON ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WORD ICON ON DESKTOP: I have several word documents on my desktop that are formatted for word with the W icon. But my MAIN word icon(shortcut) is white with NO word on it. I thought I repaired it last night but this morning it is back "white again". All my other microsoft icons on my desktop...
  9. problem word icons

in Microsoft Office and 365
    problem word icons: hi i reinstalled Windows 10 and office 2016 pro with legal licenses,and other several aplications. some doc files i have on a folder,instead of appear the w of the office ,it appears like a shortcut, other docs on other disks are ok.I already do open with word and does...
  10. problem word icons

in Windows 10 Support
    problem word icons: hi i reinstalled Windows 10 and office 2016 pro with legal licenses,and other several aplications. some doc files i have on a folder,instead of appear the w of the office ,it appears like a shortcut, other docs on other disks are ok.I already do open with word and does...