Windows 10: Wrongly named system folders

Discus and support Wrongly named system folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently carried out a clean install of Windows 10 on to a new drive installed to replace a problem one. During setting it up I seem to have messed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CharlieGarratt, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Wrongly named system folders

I recently carried out a clean install of Windows 10 on to a new drive installed to replace a problem one. During setting it up I seem to have messed up something in File Explorer so I have a number of system folders appearing under This PC which, although being set up to store the appropriate files, and having the appropriate icons, all have the same name i.e. instead of Documents, Pictures and Music, are all named Documents. Also, adding a file to any of them adds the same files to the others. Any advice appreciated. See screenshot below.
    The 'folders' showing under Libraries seem fine.
    Windows is 10.0.19041

Wrongly named system folders [​IMG]

:)

CharlieGarratt, Nov 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 27, 2020
  4. White Win User

Wrongly named system folders

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Wrongly named system folders

1. Wrongly named system folders - Similar Threads - Wrongly named system

2. The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system: I am running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Recently I upgraded my C: drive. Here is what I did to save my Documents folder for the new disk.I used robocopy to save the "Documents" folder to my D: drive as "D-Documents".After the disk swap I used robocopy to copy the "D:\D-Documents"...
  3. The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system: I am running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Recently I upgraded my C: drive. Here is what I did to save my Documents folder for the new disk.I used robocopy to save the "Documents" folder to my D: drive as "D-Documents".After the disk swap I used robocopy to copy the "D:\D-Documents"...
  4. Files wrongly named

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files wrongly named: Running W10 [Version 10.0.18363.1316] I have ripped a load of my CD's ... on a couple of them, the details are wrong ..... on every track it has wrong Name, Title, Contributing Artist, Album I assume it must have dragged down wrong entries from the on-line database. I can...
  5. Why there is a Folder named "System" in the AppData Folder ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why there is a Folder named "System" in the AppData Folder ?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/vuupopnyvd361.png?width=773&format=png&auto=webp&s=f6cc901dee7a79990b5692101459b152023cc4e1 What is that? submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments]...
  6. System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name: I tried moving my Desktop System Folder location to hard drive D:/ 1. On my File Explorer folder, I right clicked on Desktop System Folder on the This PC tab 2. Clicked on Properties 3. Clicked Location Tab 4. Set Location to D:/ 5. Applied then pressed okay Did the same...
  7. Update user name in Windows System Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update user name in Windows System Folder: On my new PC, I had to put in my Microsoft account details, which I changed later to a Local Windows Account. The Local account still uses my Microsoft account profile photo. Under C:\User folder, still shows the old Microsoft IDs 5 character and not the Local Account user...
  8. Wrong windows account folder name.

Wrong windows account folder name.: My windows account folder name has the last character missing! My first name is Partha. Everywhere it shows Partha in my laptop. But my windows account folder name is "parth" instead of "partha". I don't want to create a new MS account and delete my current account. I want to...
  9. User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name

User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name: Hello, soooo i just noticed, the User Files Folder, that can be displayed on the Desktop and Explorer (you know, the one with your Username) has changed it's mind to Display "Ordner" (German for Folder*). This is the case for: My Desktop User Folder Icon (See image) The...
  10. User Account Folder has Wrong Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Folder has Wrong Name: Just got a new Tablet PC. As it took me through the initial setup process, it truncated my User Name to the first letter. For example, for my username I entered 'Fred' but when I hit Enter the name was shown as 'f' and no way to get back to that screen to change it. After...