Windows 10: WS15.5 VM crashes on resume

Discus and support WS15.5 VM crashes on resume in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello, Have a Win-10Pro host and am running a few VMs. One VM that is Win-7 guest and has a snapshot, Whenever I suspend and then resume, 50% of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by nkaufman, May 28, 2020.

1. nkaufman Win User

WS15.5 VM crashes on resume

Hello,

Have a Win-10Pro host and am running a few VMs.

One VM that is Win-7 guest and has a snapshot, Whenever I suspend and then resume, 50% of the time, the VM crashes and I have to restart machine (see BSOD). I have deleted snapshot and created one again but still get the following error.

Other VMs (Win-10 guests, no snapshots) also exhibit the same behavior though it seems less number of times.

I have a external usb wireless mouse always attached to the laptop (I mean the usb adapter is always connected). Don't know if that has anything to do with.

NEVER had an issue with WS-12. had to upgrade to WS-15 since Windows update wouldn't allow WS-12 and I needed to run the VMs immediately and couldn't wait for the workarounds

Error:

WS15.5 VM crashes on resume [​IMG]

:)

nkaufman, May 28, 2020
  2. nkaufman Win User

Hello,

Have a Win-10Pro host and am running a few VMs.

One VM that is Win-7 guest and has a snapshot, Whenever I suspend and then resume, 50% of the time, the VM crashes and I have to restart machine (see BSOD). I have deleted snapshot and created one again but still get the following error.

Other VMs (Win-10 guests, no snapshots) also exhibit the same behavior though it seems less number of times.

I have a external usb wireless mouse always attached to the laptop (I mean the usb adapter is always connected). Don't know if that has anything to do with.

NEVER had an issue with WS-12. had to upgrade to WS-15 since Windows update wouldn't allow WS-12 and I needed to run the VMs immediately and couldn't wait for the workarounds

Error:

nkaufman, May 29, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 29, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. WS15.5 VM crashes on resume - Similar Threads - WS15 crashes resume

2. BugCheck crash after sleep S2 resume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BugCheck crash after sleep S2 resume: Hi. After about 1 month ago my Lenovo Carbon X1 gen 10 refuses to resume from S2 sleep. It displays a black screen for about a minute and then goes about rebooting. After checking the event log I can see the following error:Event 1001, BugCheckThe computer has rebooted from a...
  3. BugCheck crash after sleep S2 resume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BugCheck crash after sleep S2 resume: Hi. After about 1 month ago my Lenovo Carbon X1 gen 10 refuses to resume from S2 sleep. It displays a black screen for about a minute and then goes about rebooting. After checking the event log I can see the following error:Event 1001, BugCheckThe computer has rebooted from a...
  4. " Windows resuming " 5+ hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " Windows resuming " 5+ hours: All I see is the words Windows is resuming it's been like this for five hours please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-resuming-5-hours/788275ff-4861-4903-bd4c-3a50877e21c0
  5. " Windows resuming " 5+ hours

" Windows resuming " 5+ hours: All I see is the words Windows is resuming it's been like this for five hours please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-resuming-5-hours/788275ff-4861-4903-bd4c-3a50877e21c0
  6. Window crash when resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window crash when resume from hibernation: This PC is Lenovo X13, windows10 21H2.Recently, this PC will crash for below conditions sometimes but not 100%1Resume from Hibernation2Idle overnightBelow is the analyze of crash dump file, could you please help to find out the reason?BugCheck 19C, {20, ffffa28ff6d44080, 0,...
  7. Window crash when resume from hibernation

Window crash when resume from hibernation: This PC is Lenovo X13, windows10 21H2.Recently, this PC will crash for below conditions sometimes but not 100%1Resume from Hibernation2Idle overnightBelow is the analyze of crash dump file, could you please help to find out the reason?BugCheck 19C, {20, ffffa28ff6d44080, 0,...
  8. Window crash when resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. RESUMES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RESUMES: WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD A SIMPLE TEMPLATE TO CREATE A RESUME FOR A NO PROFESSIONAL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resumes/7f69883b-1b4a-429f-b00d-98c7db111da7"
  10. Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]: Toshiba Satellite S55-B5268 hibernate is not work, when select hibernate, Win 10 goes to hibernate, after about 10 second screen will be black and laptop will be off. When press Power button to resume from Hibernate, after 5 second laptop goes off automatically, and when...