Windows 10: wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.

Discus and support wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Support, I have a windows 10 home edition computer that is completely up to date. I attempted to run the Microsoft Store a couple weeks... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Tyrith, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Tyrith Win User

wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.

Dear Microsoft Support,

I have a windows 10 home edition computer that is completely up to date. I attempted to run the Microsoft Store a couple weeks back, and it would not respond in any way. I look up the windows store in the Cortana search window, click on it, and nothing happens. Then I attempted to run Microsoft Store through Google Chrome and attempted to download the bedrock version of minecraft, but it would not start the download. Later that day, I noticed that my machine was running between 25-35% CPU at idle with no programs open, and it usually runs at about 2-5%. With a little looking, I found that it was a program called Wsappx that was using these extra resources. I have also come to relize that this program is used by Microsoft Store. This is causing serious problems with running CPU intensive programs, and I would appreciate some help resolving the issue.

Sincerely,

Tyrith

:)

Tyrith, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Rose Ter Win User

wsappx is using 50% of the CPU

Hi,

Wsappx is a Windows Store program that is trawling your computer for all installed apps and telling Microsoft what programs you have, what versions etc. If it’s using more than 50% of your CPU and causes trouble on your
    device, we would recommend that you disable it. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Look for Administrative Tools.
    • Select Computer Management then Services, you will see this entry:

Windows Store Service (WSService) "Provides infrastructure..." [Status is blank] "Manual (Trigger Start)" "Local System"
    • Now you may disable it.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    wsappx is using 50% of the CPU

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. We found out that
    the wsappx service generally only uses a noticeable amount of CPU when your computer is installing, uninstalling, or updating Store apps. This may be because you have chosen to install or uninstall an app, or because the Store is automatically updating the
    apps on your system.

You can tell the Windows Store not to automatically update your apps. To do so, launch the Store, click your user icon at the top right corner of the window, and then select the “Settings” option. Set the “Update apps automatically”
    slider to the “Off” position.

If you try to kill the wsappx process from Task Manager, Windows will warn you that your system will become unusable or shut down. There’s also no way to forcibly disable wsappx in the Services utility.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 23, 2018
  4. JanZaar Win User

wsappx causing high CPU load

Hi,

wsappx is causing high CPU load

JanZaar, Nov 23, 2018
  5. tho6460 New Member
    Wsappx includes two separate background services. On both Windows 8 and 10, the wsappx process includes the AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC). You will also see Client License Service (ClipSVC) on Windows 10 and Windows Store Service (WSService) instead of ClipSVC on Windows 8.

tho6460, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU. - Similar Threads - wsappx program using

2. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  3. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  4. my programs are using mass amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my programs are using mass amounts of CPU: so me and my friend just bought sea of thieves and tried it out. my friend didn't have any cpu problems but my game was unplayable.then we decided to play minecraft and the exact same problem occurred. i just couldn't play the game. i knew something was wrong, because...
  5. Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders: A short recap of what led me up to posting for help: My laptop has been increasingly growing slower and even after 3 clean re-installs of Windows, within a day or 2 each time it returns to the same slow state and the storage close to being full. I ran Malwarebytes scans, ADW...
  6. localservicenonetworkfirewall using fairly high amount of cpu

localservicenonetworkfirewall using fairly high amount of cpu: this service suddenly pop out and eat fairly high cpu constantly. already tried resetting firewall setting and including windows defender folder in defender exclusion but nothing worked [ATTACH]...
  7. Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange excessive amount of data uploaded: How can I figure out why I have days shown in my router logs with 17+ gb of data uploaded? Also an RIDICULOUS amount downloaded nearly everyday..... I'm stuck...losing my mind....
  8. Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage: I have a hard time running programs because its always lagging. Even if I run a single tab. Even if I run a single program. And even when it's idle on the desktop screen with no running programs. It always seems to use like near 50% of CPU then goes to 100%. I always kill...
  9. wsappx high CPU usage

wsappx high CPU usage: My Wsappx started using a lot of CPU, despite me having deleted the store app manually and disabling updates. I went in to the gpedit.msc to disable it and it still uses up to 30% of my CPU. I tried all the solutions I could find, none appeared to work....
  10. Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU: Hello, i just want to start by saying that i know it may seem like i'm rambling a bit, but i'm very stressed out at the moment. I'm running windows 10 Home 64-bit The process runtimebroker is eating up a lot of cpu for me. I have looked deeply into this problem, but no...