Windows 10: WScript.Echo v/s Echo in vbscript

Discus and support WScript.Echo v/s Echo in vbscript in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure script questions will fly here... but I'll give it a shot. I'm setting up a program called BGInfo. It writes information to the user's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fatkatie, Dec 22, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

WScript.Echo v/s Echo in vbscript

I'm not sure script questions will fly here... but I'll give it a shot.

I'm setting up a program called BGInfo. It writes information to the user's desktop background. It appears
    as text.

To create a custom function to supply information not already available from BGInfo's 'canned' tags, you have to create a custom "script" that returns a string. BGInfo allows different methods for building these strings. You can collect them from the env, registry, contents of a file ... and so on. One option is to script it using VBScript.

I see examples of vbscripts called from BGInfo, and the section of interests appears as:
    Code: on error resume next call WScript.Echo(my_info_str) 'for command line call Echo(my_info_str) 'for BGInfo on error goto 0[/quote] It's obvious that this script is aware of context of some sort. (I have no clue.) My script runs at the command line just fine using the above snippet. It does not work from BGInfo. My custom routines accessing the env and registry work fine. It's vbscript that has me stumped.

Any ideas?

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

win10Pro64 1804 BGInfo BgInfo - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

:)

fatkatie, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Octavean Win User

Lone Echo

I definitely want to play "Lone Echo". Its probably number one on my list. Number two is Gunheart. Currently I can make due with "Echo Arena". I don't want to buy "Lone Echo" right now because its only available through Oculus.

I would rather buy games from Steam because I am thinking long term and I don't necessarily trust that playing such Oculus titles down the line will be easy. Especially so if my second gen or third gen VR HMD isn't from Oculus,...

Octavean, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Caller echo

I've suffered this echo for about a year now, and following the suggestion of updating the software, which I've done twice in the past, I did this again today and - NO ECHO!! Mind you, for the past couple of days, there was an unexplained error on Nokia's
    update page, it couldn't be found....

So for everyone's info, my phone is an N73 on O2 and the new software is v 4.0726.2.0.1. Hopefully it hasn't f'd something else up.

zundapp---01, Dec 22, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Lone Echo

Also:
    "Recommended Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 980 equivalent or greater"

P4-630, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. WScript.Echo v/s Echo in vbscript - Similar Threads - WScript Echo Echo

2. speaker echoing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speaker echoing: On my laptop my sound keeps on echoing. Im working on a project and I notice that the sound is echoing, I tried to check if in the video in the browser Im facing the same issue it is echoing as well. How to make sound fix?...
  3. Echoes in headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Echoes in headset: When I talk to my friends through apps such as discord and the Xbox app, they can hear my computer's sound as an echo. There are no speakers playing noise to go through my microphone, and I had gotten a new cord for my headset to connect to my computer, which is when the...
  4. Audio Echo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Echo: Hello everyone, recently I've been having problem with audio on my PC. First, my mic was really bad, but on phone really good, I assumed it was drivers, i installed older drivers, and issue is fixed. Only issue i have now is that my friends can hear my pc audio on discord or...
  5. Microphone Echo

Microphone Echo: For some reason my computer's mic records all the sounds I make such as my own voice, keyboard typing, and mouse clicking, and plays all of them out back through the computer's speaker. How do I make sure I can't hear my own voice while others can?...
  6. echo in headset

echo in headset: I cannot get rid of the echo in my headset.USB microphone hooked up to laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-in-headset/28ed000c-5277-47b5-b3e5-8fab9203860b
  7. Echo dot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Echo dot: I am trying to connect the Echo Dot but have to connect to WIFI but I can't find it on my computer. It said to click on the network icon then choose the wifi network you want but nothing comes up....
  8. Echo in headset

Echo in headset: Please help! I have an echo coming through my headset and can not figure out how to make it stop. The speakers on the computer work fine but when the headset is plugged in the echo is back. I am running Windows 10...what do I do??...
  9. Echo Dot

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Echo Dot: I have an Echo Dot Gen 2 & 3. I'm trying to pair them together . No luck so far .Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-dot/1e0b9c69-2797-46ff-b053-cc150784c435"
  10. sound echo

sound echo: my laptop is replaying every sound around it as an echo, even with no mics or headphones attached, I tried and disabled my laptop mice and it stopped the echo , then I tried to disable speakers, and that stopped the echo too, but I need them both to work, what to do? I have...