Windows 10: WSE 2016 error: The server cannot refresh the full system restore wizard.....

Discus and support WSE 2016 error: The server cannot refresh the full system restore wizard..... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to test a full system restore of Windows 10 client backed up using WSE 2016. I have two identical Dell 8930 desktops. One has been doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Art in NC, May 27, 2020.

1. Art in NC Win User

WSE 2016 error: The server cannot refresh the full system restore wizard.....

I am trying to test a full system restore of Windows 10 client backed up using WSE 2016. I have two identical Dell 8930 desktops. One has been doing backups to WSE 2016 for a year. I decided to test a full restore onto the other identical computer.

I am booting over the network. When I run the wizard I get the error above. It also says "either your server is not compatible with this version of Full System Restore or another problem is preventing the server from responding. Make sure that the most recent updates are installed and try again." The server is up to date. I clicked thru the error and wizard ran fine. But client does not boot. I get Error Code: 0xc000000e when the restore is done and the client Win 10 computer tries to boot up for the first time.

Just like this guy:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...inserver/2b5e130f-86b7-4ea3-9910-cb00a8e62b31

As it happens, way back when I used WHS and its full system restores worked great. I also used WSE 2012 r2 and that full system restore did not work either. The client did not boot after the full system restore. Which made me upgrade to WSE 2016. Is Full system restore using WSE just a mirage?

My experience with WSE 2012 r2 is here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...lient-does-not-boot?forum=winserveressentials

I haven't tried anything yet but when using WSE 2012 r2 and having this problem, I tried the suggestions here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-error-0xc000000e/

They did not work. Any ideas?

:)

Art in NC, May 27, 2020

2. WSE 2016 Client Baxkup

You are trying to back up the SSD in addition to the thumb drive to the WSE 2016 right?

Andre for Directly, May 27, 2020
  3. dMurph02 Win User
    WSE 2016 Client Baxkup

Thanks for your reply, Andre.

I'm not trying to backup to the device - a thumb drive! It's installed on a client computer that I'm trying to set up a backup of with WSE 2016. The backup setup on the server does not recognize/find the thumb drive when it
    surveys the client . It sees the ssd which is c:, but not the thumb drive. The thumb drive is fully functional on the client - it can be written to and read.

Thanks again for your interest and help!

dMurph02, May 27, 2020
  4. dMurph02 Win User

WSE 2016 Client Baxkup

New install of WSE 2016. First connected PC was a Surface 3 with a 64 GB SD card and a 32 GB USB thumb drive, both formated FAT. Connector installed without probs. Tablet is recognized in the dashboard. The "c:" drive on the tablet is found, but backup
    couldn't see either the sd card or thumb drive because they were formatted FAT. Reformated the thumbdrive to NTFS, but still not found by client backup setup. I've booted both the server and the tablet, but no joy.

What now?

dMurph02, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. WSE 2016 error: The server cannot refresh the full system restore wizard..... - Similar Threads - WSE 2016 error

2. Server Manager refresh failed error

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Server Manager refresh failed error: When opening Server Manager on the server, in the notifications you will see an error stating Refresh Failed. At this stage, you will not be able to add any features to the server and you will not be able to add or remove windows features. A pop-up about collecting...
  3. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  4. Section restore is blank in Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Section restore is blank in Windows Server 2016: I have problem but Windows Server 2016 workly perfectly. I don't understand because in restore section the page is blank. Please suggest a solution or direction. Note: my Windows Server Backup work perfectly. All system work very fine. I have configure it in mode RDS for...
  5. Server 2016 Virtual Server lost login option after system restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server 2016 Virtual Server lost login option after system restore: After a system state restore on a virtual server 2016 running Exchange 2016 the system login is not available. This looks like: using Hyper V manager the Server main screen that prompts for Ctrl + Alt + Delete shows but when the button is clicked to enter the key sequence it...
  6. Windows server 2016 System image restore driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows server 2016 System image restore driving me crazy: Hi everyone. I am simply trying to recover a windows server 2016 system image. I took the image from a 400GB HDD and i'm recovering the image onto a new 400GB drive. The new drive is the same model as the old drive. I am using a USB flash drive to boot into recovery. Error 1...
  7. Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2016: I have a Hp Compaq 8200 elite I7 with 16GB memory, can I install Microsoft 2016 on this hardware and get a reasonable system, I am more interested in function than speed. It will be used as the server in a security test lab environment for virus/malware testing. The network...
  8. WIndow server 2016 error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndow server 2016 error: Dear Microsoft Team, We finded the problem on our server, the error is: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID...
  9. restore/refresh

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore/refresh: Perhaps a very obvious question but I don't know the difference: how does "refresh computer" differ from going back to a given restore point? 106623
  10. Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh: Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh Today, we are very pleased to announce the latest preview of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). This release includes all updates included in the earlier March release, and features an update to the Visual...