Windows 10: WSearch No Longer Working

Discus and support WSearch No Longer Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason the search indexing service has stopped and I can't restart it. I've tried rebooting multiple times. I've seen some other threads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jklassen, Aug 16, 2015.

1. jklassen Win User

WSearch No Longer Working

For some reason the search indexing service has stopped and I can't restart it. I've tried rebooting multiple times. I've seen some other threads mention RPC and it is indeed running on my system. This happened very recently (24 hours).

From the services panel, trying to start the service results in:

WSearch No Longer Working [​IMG]

Any ideas?

:)

jklassen, Aug 16, 2015

2. service named "Windows Search" does not exist; WSearch service - "Error 5: Access is denied"

In an Administrator Command Prompt see what you get from

sc.exe qc wsearch

and

sc.exe queryex wsearch

and

sc.exe qdescription wsearch

(since that seems to be a problem)

A PowerShell alternative is

Get-Service wsearch | fl *

Unfortunately (surprisingly) that doesn't show the Description.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 16, 2015
  3. FWeber859 Win User
    Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive

I may not be proper, but this worked on my Win10 desktop PC: Do Ctrl-Alt-Del and open Task Manager. Select the Services tab and stop Wsearch service. Then afterwards you can go back to task manager and start Wsearch again.

FWeber859, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

WSearch No Longer Working

1. WSearch No Longer Working - Similar Threads - WSearch Longer Working

2. WSearch service not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSearch service not starting: After updating to win11 22h2, I think the WSearch service is not starting, When I try to start the service, It says Error 5 Access Denied, Error 2 for Failing to read the description occurs in the Service description section. When I looked into the properties of the...
  3. WSearch service not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSearch service not starting: After updating to win11 22h2, I think the WSearch service is not starting, When I try to start the service, It says Error 5 Access Denied, Error 2 for Failing to read the description occurs in the Service description section. When I looked into the properties of the...
  4. Desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop no longer working: Help.I was installing the latest driver for W10 21H2 on my desktop PC Which was running fine but then the power went out during the instalation.Now the PC turns on but all i get is a black screen, no win logo or manufacturer logo motherboard therefore i can't access any safe...
  5. Troubleshooter is no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooter is no longer working.: Whatever kind of troubleshoot I run in the windows 11 settings, it just gives the error: An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.I'm not sure how I can fix this....
  6. Bluetooth no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth no longer working: Hello,After I did some upgrades on my computer and had no hitches or errors I might add I logged onto my PC, but my headphones would not connect to bluetooth. I removed them, and tried to readd them, but they didn't show up on bluetooth. So, I tried another set of ear buds,...
  7. Clipboard no longer working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clipboard no longer working: Clipboard has stopped working on 21H1. Seems System thinks computer is limited due to organization rules, but this is standalone private unit. How can I get rid of this incorrect setting?...
  8. Office no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office no longer working: Hi i have just done a update on my laptop of windows 10 and now I don't have any office at all, please advise. I have tried searching for it in files and nothing, how can this be,...
  9. Printer No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer No Longer Working: Using Windows 10, 64 Bit version I have an Epson WF-7720 Printer that has a wireless connection to my computer. Today, it stopped printing, an error message reads: "The Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable" Has this anything to do with the Windows...
  10. Softwares are no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Softwares are no longer working: Hi, I formatted my laptop some weeks ago in order to get a fresh start ,and upon loading the system with my softwares, I found out my softwares are no longer opening. Then they all have the same size 1,014 kb. Please what can be the cause of this....