Windows 10: WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

Discus and support WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been using Windows Subsytem for Linux for some time. How do I get it upgrade to WSL 2. 132527 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stevehendo34, May 14, 2019.

1. WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

Been using Windows Subsytem for Linux for some time. How do I get it upgrade to WSL 2.

:)

stevehendo34, May 14, 2019

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 14, 2019
  3. cups-pdf and wsl

the question is not about ubuntu but about wsl which is part of windows 10. There is no problem using cups-pdf in ubuntu, the problem, or my question was: is it possible to print to a virtual pdf printer in wsl.?Clearly in Ubuntu there is no problem and
    is easy to do but what about WSL in WINDOWS 10?

HishamSueyllam, May 14, 2019
  4. RayJ.00 Win User

WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

Windows 10 WSL systemd

Will systemd ever be implemented on Windows 10 WSL? I would really like to use LXD on WSL.

Thanks,

Ray

RayJ.00, May 14, 2019
Thema:

WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

1. WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade - Similar Threads - WSL WSL Upgrade

2. Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL

in Windows 10 Support
    Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL: Hi there You can install Centos on WSL (and a nunber of other distros that aren't in the Ms store). Fedora and RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) are I think awaiting some licensing issues between Ms and Red Hat. anyway for Centos 7 download from Github Release v0.0.1 ....
  3. Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will WSL 2 support installing kernel modules?: This would be very useful and would make WSL almost indistinguishable from a Linux machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-wsl-2-support-installing-kernel-modules/43123aa7-9577-4b35-a5cd-49edd8aa0ac1
  4. Windows 10 WSL systemd

Windows 10 WSL systemd: Will systemd ever be implemented on Windows 10 WSL? I would really like to use LXD on WSL. Thanks, Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wsl-systemd/8c5f87ce-a7b5-47a9-b4d3-e6b09367c658
  5. WSL dont append Windows Path

WSL dont append Windows Path: I just installed the ubuntu 18.04 distribution in offline mode and it works correctly, but I can not append Windows ENV % Path% in my WSL $ PATH ## bash > echo $PATH output:...
  6. cups-pdf and wsl

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cups-pdf and wsl: I installed both cups and cups-pdf in ubuntu WSL but could not get lpadmin to add the virtual printer to ubuntu. I wonder is it possible or not because I keep getting error messages from lpadmin......
  7. WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux

WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux: 11/11/2018 I have windows 10, version 1803, OS build 17134.37 In powershell as administrator, I run the command: enable-windowsoptionalfeature -online -featurename microsoft-windows-subsystem-linux and receive error: enable-windowsoptionalfeature : the referenced...
  8. Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL: I have Windows 10 Education build 18272.rs_prerelease.181026-1425. I have turned on Windows Subsystem for Linux, but I cannot run Ubuntu. I have tried installing the apps "Ubuntu" and later "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" from the Windows store and running them. Upon installing either app...
  9. Haskell platform on WSL not working

Haskell platform on WSL not working: So I have a problem with the haskell platform on Ubuntu 18.04.1 on Windows 10 1809. Since I updated the ghci tool occasionally crashes with the message "The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.Aborted (core dumped)". Also when I run 'cabal update' this message is...
  10. Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized

Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized: Ordinarily, I can right click on an app to trace back to the application file in File Explorer, open its properties tab, and set it to run minimized from there. With Ubuntu, that isn't possible. So how can I make it run minimized?...