Windows 10: [WSL 2] - 100% disk usage ntoskrnl.exe by docker container running on Ubuntu

Discus and support [WSL 2] - 100% disk usage ntoskrnl.exe by docker container running on Ubuntu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have problem while working with two projects runing on WSL 2 with Docker and using Cypress with XLaunch Xming after some time 30 min - 1h I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michał Mucha, Sep 6, 2021.

1. [WSL 2] - 100% disk usage ntoskrnl.exe by docker container running on Ubuntu

Hello, I have problem while working with two projects runing on WSL 2 with Docker and using Cypress with XLaunch Xming after some time 30 min - 1h I am being disconected in VS Code, cypress freeze, docker containers stops to show in Docker Desktop and in general my Ubuntu kinda stops working. It looks like it mainly caused by ntoskrnl.exe using 100% of my disk. It starts to work while I kill process /stop my containers from Ubuntu My task managerDocker Desktop while that happens:In that moment only thing I can do is to Ctrl+C My WSL configWindows 10 20H2Compilation 19042.1165Docker Deskto

:)

Michał Mucha, Sep 6, 2021

2. Disk Usage at 100% with nothing running

My PC is running Windows 10 with the latest updates but has suddenly become unusable with disk usage staying at 100% even with nothing running and just the same processes listed in Task Manager as before the problems
    started. I've tried a few suggestions found in online forums - disabling Windows Search and Superfetch, adjusting page file size, etc. but nothing has done the trick yet. I don't have any outside anti-virus software installed. I read about the potential MSI
    issue but don't have IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers listed in the Device Manager. Finally, it seems to boot up normally and will have periods where the disk usage drops and it's usable but those moments are brief and it inevitably goes back up to 100% usage.

TONeill_1313, Sep 6, 2021
  3. 100% Disk Usage, all caused by NTOSKRNL.EXE (System) + More!

[WSL 2] - 100% disk usage ntoskrnl.exe by docker container running on Ubuntu [​IMG]

Hi,
    I just suffered by seeing this:

[WSL 2] - 100% disk usage ntoskrnl.exe by docker container running on Ubuntu [​IMG]

My Disk is 100%! and it caused by the System process.

Plus:
    It slowing down my keyboard. A LOT!

jbcarreon123, Sep 6, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

[WSL 2] - 100% disk usage ntoskrnl.exe by docker container running on Ubuntu

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

[WSL 2] - 100% disk usage ntoskrnl.exe by docker container running on Ubuntu

1. [WSL 2] - 100% disk usage ntoskrnl.exe by docker container running on Ubuntu - Similar Threads - WSL 100% disk

2. ntoskrnl running at 100% od disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl running at 100% od disk: ive ran in safemoide and changeds startup programs and is still does it thanks to anyone who can help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ntoskrnl-running-at-100-od-disk/1aafb765-4a1f-48ed-86d1-cfdcbaac5c63
  3. ntoskrnl running at 100% od disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl running at 100% od disk: ive ran in safemoide and changeds startup programs and is still does it thanks to anyone who can help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ntoskrnl-running-at-100-od-disk/1aafb765-4a1f-48ed-86d1-cfdcbaac5c63
  4. ntoskrnl running at 100% od disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% disk usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage with nothing running: I have an HP all in one pc on windows 10. For the last year or so I have been getting 100% disk usage, even if nothing is running. It slows the machine to a crawl. I keep following guidelines to fix it and sometimes it does get useage down to a more normal 33% , but it always...
  6. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....
  7. Run a docker container with KVM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run a docker container with KVM?: Hello, I need to run a docker container with KVM on a windows host. I’ve heard it’s possible to run a Linux VM using Hyper-V and then enable KVM in that Linux VM some how. So a nested Hyper-V to KVM container. Could someone tell me how to do this? Can I use VirtualBox for...
  8. Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL: I have Windows 10 Education build 18272.rs_prerelease.181026-1425. I have turned on Windows Subsystem for Linux, but I cannot run Ubuntu. I have tried installing the apps "Ubuntu" and later "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" from the Windows store and running them. Upon installing either app...
  9. 100% Disk Usage when running Guild Wars 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disk Usage when running Guild Wars 2: I have posted this in another category so please forgive me and notify me if this practise is discouraged but whenever I run GW2 I randomly get 100% disk usage with 0 read/write activity. There are more details in this post:...
  10. 100% Disk Usage when running Guild Wars 2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk Usage when running Guild Wars 2: Hi guys! I'm not sure what type of issue this is so I've posted this in the Performance & Maintenance, Gaming and Hardware categories. Please notify me if this is discouraged behaviour. Anyway here's the thread: 100% Disk Usage when running GW2 - Windows 10 Forums...