Windows 10: WSL 2 Error

Discus and support WSL 2 Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I Installed WSL 2 recently and started getting the following error , once I open the windows/Ubuntu terminalOperation did not complete successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raghavendra V, Jan 30, 2023.

1. WSL 2 Error

I Installed WSL 2 recently and started getting the following error , once I open the windows/Ubuntu terminalOperation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software. Error code: Wsl/Service/CreateInstance/CreateVm/0x800700e1 [process exited with code 4294967295 0xffffffff]Kindly help me to troubleshoot this error. Thank you

:)

Raghavendra V, Jan 30, 2023

2. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Jan 30, 2023
  3. OS-50101 Win User
    Upgrade to WSL 2

I installed WSL using `wsl --install`. It installed WSL 1 not 2. In the meantime I loaded Ubuntu and made several customizations there. Can I upgrade to WSL 2 and preserve this Ubuntu dstribution?

OS-50101, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

WSL 2 Error

Brink, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

WSL 2 Error

1. WSL 2 Error - Similar Threads - WSL Error

2. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Error: Even after enabling vm and windows sub system for Linux option in features and enabling virtualisation , when I run wsl commands I am getting class not registered error I have no idea regarding the issue please help in fixing this issue....
  3. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Error: Even after enabling vm and windows sub system for Linux option in features and enabling virtualisation , when I run wsl commands I am getting class not registered error I have no idea regarding the issue please help in fixing this issue....
  4. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...: Error msg :- WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.I've enabled virtualization in BIOS AMD SVM and also installed Virtual Machine Platforms feature. Did...
  6. Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...

Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...: Error msg :- WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.I've enabled virtualization in BIOS AMD SVM and also installed Virtual Machine Platforms feature. Did...
  7. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Error: All of a sudden, WSL2 stopped working on my Win11 system.I thought it would be good to uninstall ubuntu and check the Win 11 image. Nothing helped.This is the error message I am getting:PS C:\Users\JochenGatternig> wsl --install ubuntuUbuntu is already installed.Launching...
  8. WSL Error

WSL Error: All of a sudden, WSL2 stopped working on my Win11 system.I thought it would be good to uninstall ubuntu and check the Win 11 image. Nothing helped.This is the error message I am getting:PS C:\Users\JochenGatternig> wsl --install ubuntuUbuntu is already installed.Launching...
  9. Error code: Wsl/ERROR_NOT_FOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: Wsl/ERROR_NOT_FOUND: Windows installed the update KB5032339 and WSL 2.0.9.0, and since then, I can not access WSL.The error was the one indicated in the title of the question. I cannot work, because all of my work depends on WSL and I need docker desktop, which also depends on WSL.I searched...
  10. Error code: Wsl/ERROR_NOT_FOUND

Error code: Wsl/ERROR_NOT_FOUND: Windows installed the update KB5032339 and WSL 2.0.9.0, and since then, I can not access WSL.The error was the one indicated in the title of the question. I cannot work, because all of my work depends on WSL and I need docker desktop, which also depends on WSL.I searched...