Windows 10: WSL 2

Discus and support WSL 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Legend Hunter 3, Aug 25, 2020.

1. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

:)

Legend Hunter 3, Aug 25, 2020
  2. NickJP Win User

Cannot upgrade installed distros in WSL to version 2

After installing the Win10 2004 build 19041 update (running winver shows "version 2004 (OS build 19041.388)", I've tried to upgrade a couple of installed distros I had in WSL version 1 to WSL version 2 following the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10. All the steps in the instructions compete successfully, up to the point where I try to change the WSL version of one of the installed distros to 2 at which point I see the messages below:

Code:
    I have enabled the Virtual Machine Platform feature (it shows as on with a tick against it in Control Panel Windows features), Intel-vt virtualization is enabled in the BIOS, and running msinfo32 shows, at the bottom of the system summary listing:

Code:
    I also tried installing another distro with the WSL default version set to 2, but attempting to launch it shows the error:

Code:
    Any suggestions on how to get around this problem? From what I've read, WSL2 gives worthwhile speed increases over WSL1, and so is worth using if I can get it to work.

NickJP, Aug 25, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Aug 25, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

WSL 2

swarfega, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

WSL 2

1. WSL 2 - Similar Threads - WSL

2. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Error: I accidentally deleted part of my WSL folder in C:\Program Files\, so now when I try to run any wsl programs, linux distros, or try to install it, it says: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDHow do I fix this error? Thank...
  3. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Error: I accidentally deleted part of my WSL folder in C:\Program Files\, so now when I try to run any wsl programs, linux distros, or try to install it, it says: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDHow do I fix this error? Thank...
  4. Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL: Bonjour,Tout part du mot de l'installation de MongoDB sur Ubuntu et du mot de passe sudo d'Ubuntu que je ne retrouvais pas.J'étais blouquée et j'ai fini par désinstaller Unbuntu pour tenter de le réinstaller et pouvoir recréer un mot de passe.Et là, le pire de mes...
  5. Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL: Bonjour,Tout part du mot de l'installation de MongoDB sur Ubuntu et du mot de passe sudo d'Ubuntu que je ne retrouvais pas.J'étais blouquée et j'ai fini par désinstaller Unbuntu pour tenter de le réinstaller et pouvoir recréer un mot de passe.Et là, le pire de mes...
  6. Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL

7. Wsl kali linux bash error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl kali linux bash error: i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this errorWslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005 Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error...
  8. Wsl kali linux bash error

Wsl kali linux bash error: i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this errorWslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005 Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error...
  9. How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?: I installed Ubuntu through WSL is the virtualisation tool. And I want to move some files from the memory partition is controlled by Windows to the partition is controlled by Ubuntu. I tried to do it through Bash using thesudo cp <lc_disk>:\\<dir_with_files>\\<file.txt>...
  10. How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?

How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?: I installed Ubuntu through WSL is the virtualisation tool. And I want to move some files from the memory partition is controlled by Windows to the partition is controlled by Ubuntu. I tried to do it through Bash using thesudo cp <lc_disk>:\\<dir_with_files>\\<file.txt>...