Windows 10: WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004

Discus and support WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 - 1909 the Windows Subsystem for Linux was working. After updating to Windows 10 - 2004 I'm getting "Access is denied". I'm running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkSmith99, Jun 22, 2020.

1. WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004

On my Windows 10 - 1909 the Windows Subsystem for Linux was working. After updating to Windows 10 - 2004 I'm getting "Access is denied".

I'm running as local admin.

Error happens when I using start menu icon, or open cmd as admin.

I've tried removing the WSL feature, rebooting, reinstall. It did not solve the problem.

Any recommendations on how if fix WSL?

Thanks,

:)

MarkSmith99, Jun 22, 2020

2. Windows update in windows 10 failing: datastoreandwulogfiles.zip access denied

Hello Wendy,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when checking for updates?
    • Confirm the most recent KB update that your computer is trying to install. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + I, then select Update & Security.
    • Go to Windows Update, select View installed update history.

Meanwhile, the issue might also occur due to corruption in Windows Update component files. We suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article.

Also, try to perform the steps below to troubleshoot the "Access Denied" error:

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004

A Deep Dive Into How WSL Allows Windows 10 to Access Linux Files

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...s-linux-files/

WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux (Bash on Ubuntu) in Windows 10

How to Access Linux Files in a Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro from Windows 10

Brink, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004

1. WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004 - Similar Threads - WSL Access denied

2. Access Denied on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied on Windows 10: HiI cannot access the Marks & Spencer site using my Windows 10 Laptop either in Chrome or Microsoft Edge getting an Access Denied message see my attached screen grab. I have no problems doing so using my Windows 7 Laptop or any of my Android devices.Can anyone tell me what...
  3. wsl --install: Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl --install: Access is denied: I got this errorwsl --install Installing: Windows Subsystem for Linux Access is denied. 0,0%Tried run as administrator - the sameWin10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl-install-access-is-denied/eac2553a-3216-4615-996d-e1f993a6576a
  4. wsl --install: Access is denied

wsl --install: Access is denied: I got this errorwsl --install Installing: Windows Subsystem for Linux Access is denied. 0,0%Tried run as administrator - the sameWin10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl-install-access-is-denied/eac2553a-3216-4615-996d-e1f993a6576a
  5. wsl --install: Access is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Window 10 access is denied

Window 10 access is denied: I found my computer try in to boot but goes to a blue screen then trying to repair it but is not working.Then I want to command prompt and I try to run bootrec.exe/fix boot I got access denied.Then I trough DiskpartI rename the Valium in my case drive c: where I thing the...
  7. [SOLVED] "D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied." after windows 10 64-bit update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [SOLVED] "D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied." after windows 10 64-bit update...: After Windows 10 updates KB4023057 and KB4580325 on April 8, 2021, I was no longer able to access the two partitions, D:\ and E:\, on my hard disk in a USB 3 shell connected to my desktop PC. System and device info follow.Please tell me there is a way and how to restore the...
  8. Denied Access to Files After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Denied Access to Files After Windows 10 Update: After Windows 10 updated, the files on my desktop and the apps pinned to my taskbar disappeared. In addition, I no longer have permission to access, among other things, file explorer. I also do not have a security tab. I am the administrator, so any advice? Thanks....
  9. NVCPL.DLL access denied after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVCPL.DLL access denied after windows update: I started getting this error after updating windows sept-2020. Just updated the latest NVidia drivers, hoping it would go away. It did not. After rebooting, the error still appears. It is a GTX1070 card. Please resolve the issue with the least discomfort, as I did not...
  10. Access is denied Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access is denied Windows 10: Hello, I get access is denied when trying to access Application Data folder for example, even though I am the admin of my computer. How come? And how do I fix it? Regards...