Windows 10: WSL cannot install on windows 10

Discus and support WSL cannot install on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good Day.I am trying to install wsl on my windows 10 but am getting the below error. I need help to resolve the error.Failed to fetch the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bernard Kortor, Feb 23, 2024.

1. WSL cannot install on windows 10

Good Day.I am trying to install wsl on my windows 10 but am getting the below error. I need help to resolve the error.Failed to fetch the list distribution from 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/microsoft/WSL/master/distributions/DistributionInfo.json'. The operation timed out Error code: Wsl/0x80072ee2

:)

Bernard Kortor, Feb 23, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 23, 2024
  3. I_Meow Win User
    wsl installation nightmare

Hello. wsl is commandline perfered. I do not think it has a GUI. The issue maybe that windows terminal is crashing or powershell. For wsl use the command line Win+R C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

cmd.exe wsl

wsl --list --online

wsl --install -d Ubuntu --web-download

wsl --stats

bash

sudo apt install blahblah

exit

exit

Usally you can just go in the MSstore and click install on Ubuntu ect.

no dns required.

Other options: Viurtal box Or use a live USB Ubunti.iso but dont install.

I_Meow, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

WSL cannot install on windows 10

Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 1.1.6 released

Source: Release 1.1.6 . microsoft/WSL . GitHub Microsoft Store: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/det...x/9P9TQF7MRM4R See also:

Brink, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

WSL cannot install on windows 10

1. WSL cannot install on windows 10 - Similar Threads - WSL cannot install

2. I cannot uninstall WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot uninstall WSL: I tried everything, from just uninstalling it to CMD, but it just did not work and i now have this annoying Linux logo in my Desktop as well Image 1image 2I put the images using lightshot because the site was not loading the images normally...
  3. WSL cannot install on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL cannot install on windows 10: Good Day.I am trying to install wsl on my windows 10 but am getting the below error. I need help to resolve the error.Failed to fetch the list distribution from 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/microsoft/WSL/master/distributions/DistributionInfo.json'. The operation timed...
  4. Cannot install WSL on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install WSL on new laptop: When trying to install WSL from the microsoft store I get the error message:Something unexpected happened:Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help.Code: 0x80070490So far I have...
  5. Cannot install WSL on new laptop

Cannot install WSL on new laptop: When trying to install WSL from the microsoft store I get the error message:Something unexpected happened:Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help.Code: 0x80070490So far I have...
  6. Cannot run the WSL ubuntu in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run the WSL ubuntu in windows: When I run wsl --install ubuntu it shows Ubunutu is already installedLounching ubuntu ... And then it appears a new terminal that looks like this:The enabled windows features are:...
  7. Cannot run the WSL ubuntu in windows

Cannot run the WSL ubuntu in windows: When I run wsl --install ubuntu it shows Ubunutu is already installedLounching ubuntu ... And then it appears a new terminal that looks like this:The enabled windows features are:...
  8. Cannot upgrade installed distros in WSL to version 2

Cannot upgrade installed distros in WSL to version 2: After installing the Win10 2004 build 19041 update (running winver shows "version 2004 (OS build 19041.388)", I've tried to upgrade a couple of installed distros I had in WSL version 1 to WSL version 2 following the instructions at...
  9. GPU Compute, WSL Install and WSL Update arrive in WSL

in Windows 10 News
    GPU Compute, WSL Install and WSL Update arrive in WSL: There are three thrilling new updates for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in the new Windows Insider Preview Build 20150. The first is GPU compute: a feature that allows your Linux binaries to leverage your GPU, which makes it possible to do more machine learning/AI...
  10. Cannot install WSL 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install WSL 2: I'm running build 18945.1001. I installed Windows Subsystem for Linux from the store as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10. I can go to the store, click Debian, click Launch and get a Bash terminal. I rebooted, ran Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature...