Windows 10: WSL does not show a command line prompt.

Discus and support WSL does not show a command line prompt. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have trouble starting WSL. The window opens, but I cannot type anything. It is showing a black/blue window with a blinking prompt. I rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Soerendip, May 27, 2019.

1. Soerendip Win User

WSL does not show a command line prompt.

Hi,

I have trouble starting WSL. The window opens, but I cannot type anything. It is showing a black/blue window with a blinking prompt. I rebooted my system and it still doing that. Any idea how to fix this?

:)

Soerendip, May 27, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile WSL does not show a command line prompt. :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 27, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. WSL does not show a command line prompt. - Similar Threads - WSL does show

2. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt in WinRE does not open: I am attempting to open the Command Prompt in Advanced Options when I restart my PC in the Windows Recovery Environment. However, whenever I click the Command Prompt option, it cycles HDMI, DP, etc., then my monitor says no signal, resulting in a black screen that I have to...
  3. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt in WinRE does not open: I am attempting to open the Command Prompt in Advanced Options when I restart my PC in the Windows Recovery Environment. However, whenever I click the Command Prompt option, it cycles HDMI, DP, etc., then my monitor says no signal, resulting in a black screen that I have to...
  4. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does a command prompt keep showing up randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does a command prompt keep showing up randomly?: Every now and then when I'm just minding my own business a command prompt will sometimes just randomly pop up and occasionally disables my cusor and sometimes crashes when I hover over the close button, why does this keep happening?...
  6. Why does a command prompt keep showing up randomly?

Why does a command prompt keep showing up randomly?: Every now and then when I'm just minding my own business a command prompt will sometimes just randomly pop up and occasionally disables my cusor and sometimes crashes when I hover over the close button, why does this keep happening?...
  7. Why does a command prompt keep showing up randomly?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  9. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  10. Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized": I executed some commands like ipconfig,netsh, cipher, etc etc but they all showed up as "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I have worked with these commands before and they were working properly until today. What could be the...