Windows 10: WSL does not work norally in my PC.

Discus and support WSL does not work norally in my PC. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I am trying to install the wsl2 in my pc. When i type and command "wsl -l -v" or "wsl -v" in powershell , the command did not work. only "wsl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bohunson, Jan 12, 2021.

1. bohunson Win User

WSL does not work norally in my PC.

Hello.

I am trying to install the wsl2 in my pc.

When i type and command "wsl -l -v" or "wsl -v" in powershell , the command did not work. only "wsl -l" command does work normally

It shows other results as same when using the --help option.

What should i do?

Please help me

Thank you.

:)

bohunson, Jan 12, 2021

2. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Recovering Debian WSL after restting PC

Hi stéphane70,

Thank you for sharing a few details about yout concern. To get your Debian WSL
    installed on your Windows 10, I recommend the steps suggested on this article. You might also want to check the
    distros available after the installation for your reference. If you still get the same error
    message, I advise that you perform a clean boot first and seek if the issue still re-occurs. There might
    be a program that is preventing your WSL to be installed. However, if you still get the same issue, then the next steps is
    creating a new user profile and naming it as
    test. By doing so, we'd be able to eliminate the possibility of a certain setting hindering the installation.

I'll be waiting for the results and your response to assist you for there.

ErwinJames San, Jan 12, 2021
  4. WSL does not work norally in my PC.

WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

WSL does not work norally in my PC.

1. WSL does not work norally in my PC. - Similar Threads - WSL does norally

2. apt not working wsl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apt not working wsl: wsl have internet access but apk not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apt-not-working-wsl/3b25b2b2-4295-495c-ac94-2cef4cb75360
  3. apt not working wsl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apt not working wsl: wsl have internet access but apk not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apt-not-working-wsl/3b25b2b2-4295-495c-ac94-2cef4cb75360
  4. apt not working wsl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WSL Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Not Working: Hello,My WSL is not working on my laptop. It crashes immediately after running the Ubuntu app and trying to launch it in the command and PowerShell prompts. I have turned off the hypervisor feature and turned it back on. I have done the same for the virtual environment...
  6. WSL Not Working

WSL Not Working: Hello,My WSL is not working on my laptop. It crashes immediately after running the Ubuntu app and trying to launch it in the command and PowerShell prompts. I have turned off the hypervisor feature and turned it back on. I have done the same for the virtual environment...
  7. Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?: the option to enable it isnt available in the control panel's power options and when i run this command "powercfg.exe -a" it gives me this error in relation to hybrid sleep "The hypervisor doesnt support this standby state", is anyone else having this?...
  8. Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?

Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?: the option to enable it isnt available in the control panel's power options and when i run this command "powercfg.exe -a" it gives me this error in relation to hybrid sleep "The hypervisor doesnt support this standby state", is anyone else having this?...
  9. WSL not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL not working: WSL with Ubuntu 20.04 was working fine until I updated to version 20197.1000. After updating I'm unable to start a WSL shell or install a new distribution. I can't even access Linux folder in windows file explorer. I can't even install another version of Linux from the...
  10. Does WSL work on a Windows VM?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does WSL work on a Windows VM?: I would like to know if WSL Windows subsystem for Linux can be used on a Windows VM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-wsl-work-on-a-windows-vm/d67dd7c8-44e3-4966-9164-ed18a2ec0882