Windows 10: wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options

Discus and support wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,My work PC has been in-place upgraded by IT from 1909 to 20H2.For some reason this removed WSL2 so I had to reinstall the feature manually and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sba923, Jan 14, 2022.

1. sba923 Win User

wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options

Hi,My work PC has been in-place upgraded by IT from 1909 to 20H2.For some reason this removed WSL2 so I had to reinstall the feature manually and restore my data from the salvaged ext4.vhdx file.But that's not the point.I'm now running Windows 10 build 19042.746, yet wsl.exe doesn't accept many of the options documented at Basic commands for WSL Microsoft Docswsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options :pS wsl --status Invalid command line option: --status Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Usage: wsl.exe [Argument] [Options...] [CommandLine]C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsl.exe is:FileVersion : 10.0.19041.1 WinBuild.

:)

sba923, Jan 14, 2022
  2. ducknoir Win User

GPU-Z command line options?

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list of the command line options for GPU-Z. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

ducknoir, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options :)

4. ryanly Win User

wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options - Similar Threads - wsl exe 20H2

2. "Unknown command line option Dynamic Update" in a Windows upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unknown command line option Dynamic Update" in a Windows upgrade?: I'm attempting to use the Media Creation Tool as a way to cleanly transfer my files from one drive to the other,long story, as if the tool detects you already have a windows installation, it will offer to also move all the files and programs and etc. from your old install...
  3. "Unknown command line option Dynamic Update" in a Windows upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Unknown command line option Dynamic Update" in a Windows upgrade?: I'm attempting to use the Media Creation Tool as a way to cleanly transfer my files from one drive to the other,long story, as if the tool detects you already have a windows installation, it will offer to also move all the files and programs and etc. from your old install...
  4. "Unknown command line option Dynamic Update" in a Windows upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options: Hi,My work PC has been in-place upgraded by IT from 1909 to 20H2.For some reason this removed WSL2 so I had to reinstall the feature manually and restore my data from the salvaged ext4.vhdx file.But that's not the point.I'm now running Windows 10 build 19042.746, yet wsl.exe...
  6. wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options

wsl.exe in 20H2 upgrade from 1909 doesn't accept many of the documented command-line options: Hi,My work PC has been in-place upgraded by IT from 1909 to 20H2.For some reason this removed WSL2 so I had to reinstall the feature manually and restore my data from the salvaged ext4.vhdx file.But that's not the point.I'm now running Windows 10 build 19042.746, yet wsl.exe...
  7. Upgrade from 1909 to 20H2

Upgrade from 1909 to 20H2: Hi I have been trying unsuccessfully to upgrade Wind10 pro version 1909 to 20H2 ,even version 2004 wont install .Even if I make a ISO image it keeps installing 1909 even after wiping the drives clean? Any help have tried all the hacks as suggested but does not work? R...
  8. Upgrade from 1909 to 20H2

Upgrade from 1909 to 20H2: I just got a "new" laptop that has apparently been on the shelf for a while. It has 1909 on it. Anybody had luck going from that straight to 20H2 without installing 20H1 first? I know it's usually best to install all new versions in order, but there is so little difference...
  9. Upgrading from 1909 to 20H2

Upgrading from 1909 to 20H2: I have been wanting to update my PC for a while, I just checked the latest update KB4586786 but seen where it can have issues with licenses being lost. I'm not entirely sure what all of it is meaning, I get it to a point but not fully. Can someone explain what the issue is...
  10. WSL does not show a command line prompt.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL does not show a command line prompt.: Hi, I have trouble starting WSL. The window opens, but I cannot type anything. It is showing a black/blue window with a blinking prompt. I rebooted my system and it still doing that. Any idea how to fix this?...