Windows 10: WSL not working

Discus and support WSL not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; WSL with Ubuntu 20.04 was working fine until I updated to version 20197.1000. After updating I'm unable to start a WSL shell or install a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Teja1821, Aug 24, 2020.

1. WSL not working

WSL with Ubuntu 20.04 was working fine until I updated to version 20197.1000. After updating I'm unable to start a WSL shell or install a new distribution. I can't even access Linux folder in windows file explorer. I can't even install another version of Linux from the Microsoft store. I've tried disabling and enabling wsl and hyper-v but to no use.

Screenshots

submitted by /u/Teja1821
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Teja1821, Aug 24, 2020

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

WSL not working

Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

WSL not working

1. WSL not working - Similar Threads - WSL working

2. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work: Dear Microsoft Support Team, I trust this email finds you well. My name is Cayman, and I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a specific issue I am encountering with Windows Sandbox on my Windows 10 system. Describe the Issue:I am consistently facing an issue where...
  3. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work: Dear Microsoft Support Team, I trust this email finds you well. My name is Cayman, and I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a specific issue I am encountering with Windows Sandbox on my Windows 10 system. Describe the Issue:I am consistently facing an issue where...
  4. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...: Error msg :- WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.I've enabled virtualization in BIOS AMD SVM and also installed Virtual Machine Platforms feature. Did...
  6. Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...

Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...: Error msg :- WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.I've enabled virtualization in BIOS AMD SVM and also installed Virtual Machine Platforms feature. Did...
  7. apt not working wsl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apt not working wsl: wsl have internet access but apk not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apt-not-working-wsl/3b25b2b2-4295-495c-ac94-2cef4cb75360
  8. apt not working wsl

apt not working wsl: wsl have internet access but apk not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apt-not-working-wsl/3b25b2b2-4295-495c-ac94-2cef4cb75360
  9. apt not working wsl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work: Hello everyone,I got an issue with the windows subsystem for Linux WSL.Context :I'm using a Windows 10 lap-top shared by my companyHow I got to the problem :- I first reinstall windows 10 - I installed WSL through this link .- Everything was working though with the Ubuntu...