Windows 10: WSL problem

Discus and support WSL problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi , I have a particular situation with my WSL installation: I have a windows 10 machine with WSl2 installed , in the WSL I have a webserver Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mahdi2020, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Mahdi2020 Win User

WSL problem

Hi , I have a particular situation with my WSL installation:

I have a windows 10 machine with WSl2 installed , in the WSL I have a webserver

Now I connect to the machine with my account and startup the webserver in wsl and let my session open in order to let the webserver continue working.

I know that wsl2 is per user installation and we cant share it with other windows users.

Do you know a method to let this webserver in wsl continue working?

I am in an environment with Active directory ,

Thank you

:)

Mahdi2020, Apr 14, 2021

2. WSL

Version 2 of WSL uses a new lightweight utility virtual machine capability. To enable the lightweight virtual machine and WSL, you need to enable two Windows features: Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.

To enable these features via the user interface (UI), press the Windows key and enter Windows Features, then click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    When the Windows Features dialog appears, check the boxes for Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.

If you want to make version 2 the default for any Linux distros you install then run the following command:

Code:
    Now you can install Linux distro from Microsoft Store it will be running version 2 of WSL.

A distro can be converted between versions of WSL after installation. To achieve this, you use the wsl --set-version command.

This command takes two arguments:

• The name of the distro to update
    • The version to convert it to

An example of converting the Ubuntu distro to version 2 is shown here:

Code:
    Execute wsl --list --verbose versions of WSL installed distro.

FreeBooter, Apr 14, 2021
  3. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 14, 2021
  4. WSL problem

WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

WSL problem

1. WSL problem - Similar Threads - WSL problem

2. WSL Network Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Network Problem: Hi , we are producing an application to test our servers. Hping3 is an application that we are running, however we have a problem while processing this tool at WSL Windows subsystem for linux , there is no problem to see actual bandwidth which is produced by hping but this...
  3. WSL Network Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL Network Problem: Hi , we are producing an application to test our servers. Hping3 is an application that we are running, however we have a problem while processing this tool at WSL Windows subsystem for linux , there is no problem to see actual bandwidth which is produced by hping but this...
  4. WSL Network Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I have this problem when installing wsl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this problem when installing wsl: I tried to follow this thread but it does me no goodso my hyper-V in "Turn Windows Features on or off" is missing and I already followed the exact same procedure in that thread so please help meThe terminal says like this:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102...
  6. I have this problem when installing wsl

I have this problem when installing wsl: I tried to follow this thread but it does me no goodso my hyper-V in "Turn Windows Features on or off" is missing and I already followed the exact same procedure in that thread so please help meThe terminal says like this:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102...
  7. WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work: Hello everyone,I got an issue with the windows subsystem for Linux WSL.Context :I'm using a Windows 10 lap-top shared by my companyHow I got to the problem :- I first reinstall windows 10 - I installed WSL through this link .- Everything was working though with the Ubuntu...
  8. WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work: Hello everyone,I got an issue with the windows subsystem for Linux WSL.Context :I'm using a Windows 10 lap-top shared by my companyHow I got to the problem :- I first reinstall windows 10 - I installed WSL through this link .- Everything was working though with the Ubuntu...
  9. WSL problem -- all wsl commands don't work

10. Kali Linux Internet Problem in wsl of Windows

Kali Linux Internet Problem in wsl of Windows: HelloPlease pay attention that everything is running on Windows 11 with wls capability I'm all the way I went all the way to install Kali Linux correctly and with the help of official site, and there was no other problem until I realized that it could not connect to the...