Windows 10: WSL - Rsync from Synology NAS to Windows 10

Discus and support WSL - Rsync from Synology NAS to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have installed WSL and Ubuntu on my Windows 10 computer. It works like a champ. I can ssh into my Synology NAS and rsync works. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ha567, May 3, 2019.

1. Ha567 Win User

WSL - Rsync from Synology NAS to Windows 10

Hello,

I have installed WSL and Ubuntu on my Windows 10 computer. It works like a champ.

I can ssh into my Synology NAS and rsync works.

I understand how to set the permissions in the rsync command so that they are correct on the NAS but when I have to sync a NAS folder back to the Windows box I am not sure what permissions to apply. If I use the p option in the rsync command as a test when syncing to the NAS from the Windows box the user file permissions are RWX, user directory permissions are RWX and group/other are left as ---.

Is this telling me to set the permissions within the rysnc command as --chmod=Du=rwx,Fu=rwx when syncing NAS to Windows? If not what should I use?

As a side note when I look at the files on the Windows box via the Ubuntu command line the permissions are listed as rwxrwxrwx for each directory and file.

Regards,

Chris

:)

Ha567, May 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 File Explorer cannot access Synology NAS

I am using a HP laptop with Windows 10 Home and suddenly over the last several days a Synology NAS cannot be accessed from the laptop.

More information:

The version of Windows 10 Home - 1803

I have two other PC in the house and both can access the Synology NAS

I also have several Android tablets - they can access the NAS

On the laptop (with the issue) I also have a Synology management software product - It CAN access the NAS and open files

I originally mapped the NAS several months ago on the laptop and the mapped drives worked as expected until yesterday,

Yesterday I started getting messages saying "… the network path was not found." every time I tried to access/map the NAS

After several reboots of the laptop (yesterday) I was finally able to map the NAS, but only by typing in "\\ (NAS Name) \" before I started the mapping process.

This morning the same mapping (that worked yesterday evening) is not working and giving the same error message I saw yesterday morning.

Just to recap

Running laptop - windows 10 Home (1803)

Mapped NAS drives worked fine until yesterday

Synology management software on same PC can access the NAS and open files

Several other PCs can open files

I was able to re-establish connections yesterday by specifying the NAS name when I restarted the mapping

Today the mapping does not work (again).

WilliamToombs, May 3, 2019
  3. Connecting Windows to a NAS

I recently bought a 10G card for my Synology NAS. Windows doesn't see it and the NAS has no "add new device" command. Of course, the NIC came with drivers, but where to install them?

Anyone?

PS: please don't tell me to look in the list of devices accepted by my Synology NAS, their price is prohibitive.

sorinsimion, May 3, 2019
  4. WSL - Rsync from Synology NAS to Windows 10

Getting access to my data on Synology NAS

Hi, I have a problem with my Synology DS211j – please any help would be appreciated:
    I bought the Synology NAS about a year ago but after setting-up the NAS I had a stroke :-(.
    I am now trying to re-lean my NASs but am struggling with my Synology:
    I can see the NAS has two disk – a 1Gb disk “Not installed”, and a 2Gb disk “Installed”. As I think I should have some important data, I need to work out what I have on the 2Gb disk or possible even on the 1 Gb disk?
    So the 2Gb disk says it is installed but I don’t know how to get to the data from the disk (and I’m trying to be careful so that I don’t lose the data)?
    ny advise on the steps on get ting access to the date would be really appreciated!

winchesterstoke, May 3, 2019
Thema:

WSL - Rsync from Synology NAS to Windows 10

1. WSL - Rsync from Synology NAS to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WSL Rsync Synology

2. Access Synology NAS on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  3. Windows 10 cannot find the Synology NAS in my network

Windows 10 cannot find the Synology NAS in my network: Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19042.1165 Version 20H2 dates 3/14/2021 Using the Synology assistant to find the NAS I get a message "No Synology Server was found on the local network." The NAS is hard wired to my private server (AT&T) modem. Synology says it is a local network...
  4. Trouble connecting to Synology DS218J NAS

Trouble connecting to Synology DS218J NAS: Hi, I have a Synology DS218J on SMB. I have been able to access it via Windows Explorer with \\hostname just fine, but I just tried today and it no longer works. I get the following error message when I try to access a folder within the NAS [img] I get the following error...
  5. Re-using a hard drive from Synology NAS in windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Re-using a hard drive from Synology NAS in windows 10 PC: I have a Synology NAS 918+ that I want to remove the 4TB HD and use that hard drive in windows 10 pc. I'm looking for some advice on how I could reformat that drive. submitted by /u/tekstein1979 [link] [comments]...
  6. problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809: Below are my impressions on version 1809 on two different machines. Yesterday I upgraded to ver.1809 build 17763.292 and installed all updates. All seems to work well except for the connection with my Synology NAS. The disk station is has the latest update and is connected...
  7. WIN10 / SYnology NAS

WIN10 / SYnology NAS: Howdy, A couple months ago I had an update and suddenly every time the PC goes to "sleep" I lose connection to My NAS. The odd thing is I can see the folders even though the show as a mapped drive they show an with an X. Once I try to access a file it says it can't find...
  8. Rsync for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rsync for Windows 10: Hello, I store my photos and some other files in one hard disk. I would like to use another hard disk as backup. Does Microsoft have an equivalent to Rsync for Windows 10? Thanks...
  9. Can't connect to Synology NAS

Can't connect to Synology NAS: I hope you can help, thanks... I don't have the password for our new Sysnology NAS (I suffered from a stroke just as I was re-installing the NAS last June). Is there anyway to get access to the data that was copied into the NAS please? Thanks! 75145
  10. MediaMonkey and (Synology) NAS Problem

MediaMonkey and (Synology) NAS Problem: I noticed that Macrium Reflect Free had stared to fail on scheduled backups and in fact was unable to connect to my NAS nor could file explorer, both using the server name. Connection could be made using the IP address. I could see the NAS as a media device but not as a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synology recover data from drive with wsl

2. synology rsync windows 10

3. wsl rsync reach from windows

4. synology wsl,
  5. rsync from windows 10 to synology,
  6. synology install rsync hyperbackup windows,
  7. rsync on synology,
  8. nas options with wsl,
  9. install rsync on windows 10,
  10. set up rsync connection windows synology,
  11. windows 10 wsl rsync 2019,