Windows 10: Wsl shell always shows an error message on the daily inform.

Discus and support Wsl shell always shows an error message on the daily inform. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; /usr/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-motd: 31: cannot create /var/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-available: Permission denied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Windows Category - All, May 18, 2020.

1. Wsl shell always shows an error message on the daily inform.

/usr/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-motd: 31: cannot create /var/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-available: Permission denied

This is what the message shows on wsl once a day. Although it seems to be no harm, I still wonder how can I avoid this.

I have tried the chmod command to open the permission of release-upgrade-available, but it doesn't work. Since the release-upgrade-motd belongs to root, there shouldn't be any permission denied problem. How to fix it?

:)

Windows Category - All, May 18, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 18, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, May 18, 2020
  4. Wsl shell always shows an error message on the daily inform.

Recovering Debian WSL after restting PC

Hi stéphane70,

Thank you for sharing a few details about yout concern. To get your Debian WSL
    installed on your Windows 10, I recommend the steps suggested on this article. You might also want to check the
    distros available after the installation for your reference. If you still get the same error
    message, I advise that you perform a clean boot first and seek if the issue still re-occurs. There might
    be a program that is preventing your WSL to be installed. However, if you still get the same issue, then the next steps is
    creating a new user profile and naming it as
    test. By doing so, we'd be able to eliminate the possibility of a certain setting hindering the installation.

I'll be waiting for the results and your response to assist you for there.

ErwinJames San, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Wsl shell always shows an error message on the daily inform.

1. Wsl shell always shows an error message on the daily inform. - Similar Threads - Wsl shell always

2. WSL on windows 10 pro shows this error message %1 is not a valid Win32 application Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSL on windows 10 pro shows this error message %1 is not a valid Win32 application Error...: Hi,I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled WSL several times using the wsl --install command and I get the same error message.How can I fix it? Can you provide me with technical assistance?...
  3. WSL on windows 10 pro shows this error message %1 is not a valid Win32 application Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL on windows 10 pro shows this error message %1 is not a valid Win32 application Error...: Hi,I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled WSL several times using the wsl --install command and I get the same error message.How can I fix it? Can you provide me with technical assistance?...
  4. WSL on windows 10 pro shows this error message %1 is not a valid Win32 application Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broke WSL by changing default shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broke WSL by changing default shell: I tried changing the default shell to ZSH using this command -> sudo usermod -s /usr/bin/zsh $whoamiand now I'm getting ->[process exited with code 1]I'm assuming I need to modify something in my /etc/passwd file in wsl but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I...
  6. Broke WSL by changing default shell

Broke WSL by changing default shell: I tried changing the default shell to ZSH using this command -> sudo usermod -s /usr/bin/zsh $whoamiand now I'm getting ->[process exited with code 1]I'm assuming I need to modify something in my /etc/passwd file in wsl but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I...
  7. error message always

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message always: i couldnt update windows.using windows 10,shows as updates available.when i try to download it shows as error 0x80070008. i have sufficient memory,antivirus disabled.trie to instal media creation tool but none of th methods are worked. could you please suggest a...
  8. Show error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show error message: [ATTACH] Kindly help me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-error-message/0a2d4d83-5144-4566-b285-df1dacfdee8a
  9. Daily agenda email always shows Redmond, WA weather

Daily agenda email always shows Redmond, WA weather: I get a daily agenda email generated by Outlook, I assume, that tells me what is going on for the day. There is a little weather weather forecast on that screen but the weather is always for Redmond, WA. This happens whether I'm in Outlook in a browser of actually running the...
  10. Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted"

Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted": I get this message as in subject line whenever i try to open a jpg file. The default app to open photos is Microsoft Photos. I can open the same photos in 'Paint' though. I also notice that i have two 'Microsoft Photos' and two 'Microsoft Store' apps showing in the list of...