Windows 10: WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002

Discus and support WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am tired of trying to fix the "no such interface supported" and "WSL"register distribution failed. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing WSL2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by B12909, Jul 2, 2023.

1. B12909 Win User

WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002

I am tired of trying to fix the "no such interface supported" and "WSL"register distribution failed. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing WSL2 from Microsoft Store, i have tried unchecking and rechecking Windows System for Linux in Windows Features, I have tried checking and unchecking Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor platform. I have tried booting in safe mode but there is no option to help this matter there, I have tried booting in UEFI and making sure the virtualization is turned on, but everything I have tried I still get the same damned error and I am sick of it.

:)

B12909, Jul 2, 2023

2. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002 2919454b-06d0-4c7b-bbc2-d87ccc4b45f3?upload=true.png

I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04

sonalmathur, Jul 2, 2023
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 2, 2023
  4. WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002

WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.

I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. (I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!)

When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a message to run wsl --shutdown and wsl --unregister <Distro name>.

No distros are registered at the time. After googling I set my default version of WSL to 1 and opened the MS Store Ubuntu 22.04 again. It installed and I set up my user and password. The I tried to set the version to 2 as stated in the google results. Error.

wsl --set-version Ubuntu-22.04 2

For information on key differences with WSL 2 please visit Comparing WSL Versions

Conversion in progress, this may take a few minutes.

A virtual disk support provider for the specified file was not found.

I can't find any help on this.

I tried to install Ubuntu 16.04 and got this:

Installing, this may take a few minutes...

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0xc03a0014

Error: 0xc03a0014 A virtual disk support provider for the specified file was not found.

Press any key to continue...

Nothing anywhere on that error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray

Ray in Tampa, Jul 2, 2023
Thema:

WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002

1. WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002 - Similar Threads - WSL Ubuntu constant

2. Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors: I have the latest Ubuntu installed using WSL 2 on Windows 11. Recently, when the computer goes to lock-screen or just after a couple of hours of idle technically PHP and Node/Npm/VIte servers are running, I get IO errors and can't do anything. Restarting Ubuntu shell doesn't...
  3. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  4. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  5. WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Ubuntu constant ERROR 0X80004002: I am tired of trying to fix the "no such interface supported" and "WSL"register distribution failed. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing WSL2 from Microsoft Store, i have tried unchecking and rechecking Windows System for Linux in Windows Features, I have tried...
  6. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  7. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  8. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....
  10. Install Ubuntu in Windows Subsystem Linux got error Installation Failed! and Error: 0x80004002

Install Ubuntu in Windows Subsystem Linux got error Installation Failed! and Error: 0x80004002: Hello, Please support to me about error code 0x80004002 when I install Ubuntu after enable feature Windows Subsystem Linux...