Windows 10: WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

Discus and support WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it? I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by j4v3d, May 12, 2020.

1. j4v3d Win User

WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

Hello,

I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it?

I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running NPM on Windows is not the best, npm run watch takes forever - I have Elementary OS installed as a partition and use Laravel Valet for my dev environment.

How can I use the Laravel Project on Windows and use NPM via Linux(Ubuntu)?

I'm a newbie-ish when it comes to Linux OS.

Thanks

:)

j4v3d, May 12, 2020

2. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, May 12, 2020
  3. Finding Trash bin in WSL(Ubuntu)

I am using Ubuntu in WSL but I can't find the trash bin!

Is there anyone who can tell me?

Donguk Lee, May 12, 2020
  4. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

Ubuntu Linux on WSL will not use Internet

I have asked for the last 3 weeks for help from Ubuntu for the Ubuntu app in the store. My desktop has no issues using the Internet no matter where I go. However, for the last approximately 4 weeks the Ubuntu WSL will not access the Internet at
    all. Using apt-get update/upgrade, wget, curl, anything simply comes back as "Unable to access <whatever> site. Please try later." I have checked hosts, host.allow, host.deny, all are empty except for the normal comments. I have deleted/reinstalled
    Ubuntu, deleted/turned off WSL/rebooted/used disk cleanup/turned on WSL/rebooted/reinstalled Ubuntu and nothing helps. Please, someone help me with this issue before I delete windows entirely and set it up as SUSE or Fedora only. Thank you
    for any help/clues you can give me because Canonical doesn't seem to care.

Kenneth_Benson, May 12, 2020
Thema:

WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

1. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it? - Similar Threads - WSL Ubuntu

2. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?: Hello, I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it? I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running NPM on Windows is not the best, npm run watch takes forever - I have Elementary OS installed as a partition and use Laravel...
  3. wsl name confuse when upgrade ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsl name confuse when upgrade ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04: I install ubuntu18.04 in windows store, and the name "Ubuntu18.04" is shown in my app list. However, when I upgrade ubuntu18.04 to 20.04, the name is still "Ubuntu18.04", how can I rename it to Ubuntu20.04?...
  4. Windows 10 Build 2004 and Ubuntu 20.04 WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 2004 and Ubuntu 20.04 WSL: Hello, Currently I'm using Windows 10 build 2004 insider release preview and I want to try out new Ubuntu 20.04 via WSL; which is going to be released today April 23, 2020.Windows Store has version 18.04 at the moment. When we can expect 20.04 to be available on the store?...
  5. How do I disable root login in WSL2? "wsl -d ubuntu -u root" from Terminal will login to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable root login in WSL2? "wsl -d ubuntu -u root" from Terminal will login to...: Is the following behavior correct and expected? With WSL2 Ubuntu 18.4, Windows 10 2004 19041.207, from a non-admin Windows Terminal, I can execute "wsl -d ubuntu -u root" and login to a root shell, without requiring a password even if a root password is set. I just...
  6. Getting slow speed on apt get in Kali WSL 2 while Ubuntu WSL 2 works a lot better. And...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting slow speed on apt get in Kali WSL 2 while Ubuntu WSL 2 works a lot better. And...: Background: I am a noob, so sorry for any technical details I get wrong. I already had Ubuntu installed on WSL1, and it was pretty slow. Then I upgraded it to WSL2 and it got super fast. I needed Kali for learning pentesting and had a terrible experience while trying to dual...
  7. How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10?: I know in the past when WSL was in beta you had to run some commands and enable developer mode and run more commands to install Ubuntu for WSL. Is the preferred method now to install it from the Microsoft Store? Do I need to run any other commands? submitted by /u/nootdude...
  8. Unable to delete WSL Ubuntu Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete WSL Ubuntu Files: I installed and the uninstalled Ubutnu 18.04 for WSL from the Microsoft store. The uninstall did not remove all the files from my system and they are still there in AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu18.04onWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc I cannot delete the files...
  9. Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL

Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL: I have Windows 10 Education build 18272.rs_prerelease.181026-1425. I have turned on Windows Subsystem for Linux, but I cannot run Ubuntu. I have tried installing the apps "Ubuntu" and later "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" from the Windows store and running them. Upon installing either app...
  10. Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL - Always get "/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1000 sroy' returned error code 10....

Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL - Always get "/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1000 sroy' returned error code 10....: Hi, I installed Windows Subsystem for Linux on a laptop running with the following OS. [ATTACH] Right after I installed Ubuntu 18.04 from Microsoft Store, it asked to set up a user, unfortunately, I does not work. So I continue with "apt update" and "apt upgrade" and then...