Windows 10: WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

Discus and support WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, We're looking to install WSL and Ubuntu on our VDIs and I'm running into issues. I was wanting to check if anyone has successfully got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by F1N123, Jul 3, 2021.

1. F1N123 Win User

WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

Hi, We're looking to install WSL and Ubuntu on our VDIs and I'm running into issues. I was wanting to check if anyone has successfully got this working? Our environment:AppLayering with PVS.The layers have internet access but the VDIs don't.FSLogix is used for profile management.My understanding is that Windows apps are normally installed per user but I can use the command Add-AppxProvisionedPackage to make the application available to others users. I've done this on the OS layer and once I log in to the VDI I can see the Ubuntu app in the start menu, however there seems to be some c

:)

F1N123, Jul 3, 2021

2. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, Jul 3, 2021
  3. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

I am currently running 16.04 version of Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 Pro (v1803) using WSL. But, I couldn't install the newly released 18.04 Ubuntu on my machine from the Windows Store. The store just refreshes on pressing the Get button. I tried resetting
    the store app, but it didn't help.

vikneshdbz, Jul 3, 2021
  4. WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

Cannot install WSL distributions though microsoft store, only ubuntu

I have been trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian through the windows store, the only button available is "Get", but pressing it does nothing.

I have enabled/disabled WSL a few times and rebooted.

I previous had WSL preview, and then ubuntu 16.04 installed via the app store. Both are completely removed.

TrickyDickyB, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

1. WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI - Similar Threads - WSL Ubuntu Install

2. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  3. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  4. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  5. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  6. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  7. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  9. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  10. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....