Windows 10: WSL

Discus and support WSL in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am running Windows version 2004 OS with Subsystem for Linux (WSL) installed and activated but can only use the Unix-like command-line shell (BASH).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mayagrafix, May 27, 2020.

1. WSL

I am running Windows version 2004 OS with Subsystem for Linux (WSL) installed and activated but can only use the Unix-like command-line shell (BASH). It is my understanding that with the May 2020 update the full GUI version of Linux distros will become available via WSL

submitted by /u/mayagrafix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mayagrafix, May 27, 2020

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 27, 2020
  3. Recovering Debian WSL after restting PC

Hi stéphane70,

Thank you for sharing a few details about yout concern. To get your Debian WSL
    installed on your Windows 10, I recommend the steps suggested on this article. You might also want to check the
    distros available after the installation for your reference. If you still get the same error
    message, I advise that you perform a clean boot first and seek if the issue still re-occurs. There might
    be a program that is preventing your WSL to be installed. However, if you still get the same issue, then the next steps is
    creating a new user profile and naming it as
    test. By doing so, we'd be able to eliminate the possibility of a certain setting hindering the installation.

I'll be waiting for the results and your response to assist you for there.

ErwinJames San, May 27, 2020
  4. John Zab Win User

WSL

How to Access USB Drives via WSL

Hi Gagan,

To better assist you regarding with USB drive issue, we just want to confirm if you're referring to Windows Subsystem for Linux?

If you do, we suggest that you check this
    article
    for more information.

Keep us posted.

John Zab, May 27, 2020
Thema:

WSL

1. WSL - Similar Threads - WSL

2. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Error: I accidentally deleted part of my WSL folder in C:\Program Files\, so now when I try to run any wsl programs, linux distros, or try to install it, it says: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDHow do I fix this error? Thank...
  3. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Error: I accidentally deleted part of my WSL folder in C:\Program Files\, so now when I try to run any wsl programs, linux distros, or try to install it, it says: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDHow do I fix this error? Thank...
  4. Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL: Bonjour,Tout part du mot de l'installation de MongoDB sur Ubuntu et du mot de passe sudo d'Ubuntu que je ne retrouvais pas.J'étais blouquée et j'ai fini par désinstaller Unbuntu pour tenter de le réinstaller et pouvoir recréer un mot de passe.Et là, le pire de mes...
  5. Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL: Bonjour,Tout part du mot de l'installation de MongoDB sur Ubuntu et du mot de passe sudo d'Ubuntu que je ne retrouvais pas.J'étais blouquée et j'ai fini par désinstaller Unbuntu pour tenter de le réinstaller et pouvoir recréer un mot de passe.Et là, le pire de mes...
  6. Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL

7. Wsl kali linux bash error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl kali linux bash error: i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this errorWslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005 Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error...
  8. Wsl kali linux bash error

Wsl kali linux bash error: i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this errorWslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005 Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error...
  9. How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?: I installed Ubuntu through WSL is the virtualisation tool. And I want to move some files from the memory partition is controlled by Windows to the partition is controlled by Ubuntu. I tried to do it through Bash using thesudo cp <lc_disk>:\\<dir_with_files>\\<file.txt>...
  10. How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?

How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?: I installed Ubuntu through WSL is the virtualisation tool. And I want to move some files from the memory partition is controlled by Windows to the partition is controlled by Ubuntu. I tried to do it through Bash using thesudo cp <lc_disk>:\\<dir_with_files>\\<file.txt>...